IAT-The Wonder Years (Updated Again)

Photos older than five years old (preferably much older)
bigcrow

Re: IAT-The Wonder Years (Updated Again)

Post by bigcrow »

Thanks guys. A few more...

Special schemes were always well represented in the eighties.

An FB-111 from the 380th BW was a very welcome addition to the flying display in 1989. Awful scheme to photograph though..

sylvancatharsis

Post by sylvancatharsis »

How 'bout that last one! A 707 tanker and VC-10 tanker together in the sky! Tremendous photos all around; wish I could've been there.
Author of CULT OF THE WYVERN, a novel about Westland Wyverns and aliens. (Really.)
Flicky Flicky

Abingdonman

Post by Abingdonman »

I guess we of a certain age were lucky when someone came up with the air tattoos idea,I reckon the air show scene really blossomed thereafter.....(and you could get an airshow coach trip from Oxford & Hemel Hempstead ...cheap as chips too!) things are a little different now,but you cant take the 'memories' away! .....actually I have to look up some of my old airshow year mags to stoke the memory up at times! :grin:
I only ever took a compact camera and never had it in mind (or the equipment!)to take flying pics,so I'm grateful for those that did take them now,I dare say there would be many more pics put up...if digital photography had been around.

N48284

Re: IAT-The Wonder Years

Post by N48284 »

st24 wrote:
bigcrow wrote:
st24 wrote:Excellent quality scans there young man :clap:, the "hi-viz" Blackbird is a cracking image to have :drool: I can assure you though, you didn't go to Greenham in 1975.... :wink:

Cheers Geoff. The first Greenham I attended was the one with the Sea Vixen from I believe a unit in N Ireland so whenever that was Geoff?

You mean this one from Sydenham?

1973 mate - the very first Greenham Tattoo!..

The vixen in '73 from RNAY Sydenham was XJ572, your pic shows XN653 from RAE Bedford at IAT 76 by the looks of it as that is Harvard FT375 in the background.

bigcrow

Post by bigcrow »

I think your right Andy. The Vixen I saw in 73 the Sydenham one had a unit badge on the tail, white with a red hand if I remember correctly? And didn't it never leave Greenham because some ground crew drove into it over the show weekend and damaged the wing... Correct me if I'm wrong guys?

st24

Post by st24 »

You're absolutely right, didn't check the image!!
This was the bird.. Sorry bout the quality.... :sick:

You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!