Farnborough 1992 Some wet Russians !!

Farnborough 1992 Some wet Russians !!

Postby Tuckat on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 5:29 pm

This was the Sunday, the final day, there was a great selection of Russian aircraft but unfortunately it peed down all day and there was hardly any flying at all.
At least we got to see them though :thumb: I cant see that we will have anything like this in the UK again. Apologies for the quality, as stated it really was carp weather. Thanks for looking, :)

Imageimg916 by proberts3, on Flickr Ka-50 Hokum

Imageimg912 by proberts3, on Flickr Su-34 Frogfoot

Imageimg789 by proberts3, on Flickr Mig-29 Fulcrum

ImageUntitled by proberts3, on Flickr Mig-31Foxhound

Imageimg787 by proberts3, on Flickr Tu-22 Backfire

Imageimg786 by proberts3, on Flickr Tu-22 Backfire

Imageimg785 by proberts3, on Flickr Tu-22 Backfire

Imageimg784 by proberts3, on Flickr Yak-38 Forger A

Imageimg783 by proberts3, on Flickr Yak 141 Freestyle

Imageimg782 by proberts3, on Flickr Su-34 Frogfoot

Imageimg781 by proberts3, on Flickr Mig-29 Fulcrum

Imageimg780 by proberts3, on Flickr Mig-31Foxhound

Image987228 by proberts3, on Flickr Mig-29 Fulcrum
Image98722 by proberts3, on Flickr Su-27 Flanker
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Tuckat

Re: Farnborough 1992 Some wet Russians !!

Postby ciaranchef on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 10:02 pm

That was a great selection from the Russians, would have loved to have seen the Mig 31, did it display?
"It is generally inadvisable to eject over the area you just bombed"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ciaranchef/
ciaranchef

Postby APG on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 10:19 am

Ahhh those were the days.

Everything flew at some stage during the week and validations (Maybe not the KA-52 on this occasion) with the Yak 141 destroying copious amounts of tarmac :clap:

Was always quite something when on validation week an An-124 would arrive and you would never know what was going to be inside it!
APG

Postby FarnboroJohn on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 12:59 pm

I don't think the MiG 31 flew much, but its departure on the Monday was something awesome!

John
FarnboroJohn

Postby tommercer on Sun 27 Apr 2014, 8:43 pm

Amazing! Wish I could have seen that
tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Postby Hampshire558 on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 5:38 pm

APG wrote:Ahhh those were the days.

Everything flew at some stage during the week and validations (Maybe not the KA-52 on this occasion) with the Yak 141 destroying copious amounts of tarmac :clap:

Was always quite something when on validation week an An-124 would arrive and you would never know what was going to be inside it!

Very happy memories of the show and validation week in particular - I'm sure that I have a photo somewhere of two An124s on the ground and a third one overhead on its arrival :shock: Alas, I missed the Backfire flying but did catch the MiG31 in the air (thursday validation day?) Really need to raid the garage and get scanning.

Andrew
Hampshire558

Postby raiford on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 8:59 am

Saw the Backfire fly on the Friday, and what a spectacular sight she was with those huge beautiful blue burners!
raiford

Postby tu16 on Wed 30 Apr 2014, 2:01 pm

How ugly is that Yak141 - possibly the ugliest jet fighter ever? Did it look better in the air?
tu16

Postby FarnboroJohn on Thu 01 May 2014, 4:39 pm

tu16 wrote:How ugly is that Yak141 - possibly the ugliest jet fighter ever? Did it look better in the air?

No

John
FarnboroJohn

Postby APG on Thu 01 May 2014, 6:14 pm

Hampshire558 wrote:Very happy memories of the show and validation week in particular - I'm sure that I have a photo somewhere of two An124s on the ground and a third one overhead on its arrival :shock: Alas, I missed the Backfire flying but did catch the MiG31 in the air (thursday validation day?) Really need to raid the garage and get scanning.

Andrew

I remember the the third Ant arriving too, Russia really did take over a little part of Hampshire!

Listening to the scanner it was always a great game playing what will the Aeroflot callsign turn out to be when we got it visual.

Great days indeed and likewise must dust off my prints to scan them
APG

Postby Rampvan on Sun 11 May 2014, 7:53 pm

raiford wrote:Saw the Backfire fly on the Friday, and what a spectacular sight she was with those huge beautiful blue burners!

Ah yes, those blue burners :love: looked like an advert for British Gas...lol :biggrin: I'm sure it flew more than once during validation week !
Rampvan

Return to 'Golden Oldies' Photos