Noisey Worcester

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
smileysnake

Noisey Worcester

Post by smileysnake »

Didn't see it, but something noisy in the Worcester area around midday. Anyone have a clue as to what it was.

APG

Re: Noisey Worcester

Post by APG »

Pairs of F15's have been in and out of Wales working Early Resolve, currently working overhead me :biggrin:

Post by 40612 »

There was some jet-noise on the South-West side of Inverness at 11.17 this morning,anyone know what it was ?
I'm not taking the pi55,but the 1st post IS taking the pi55,it doesn't even mention aircraft noise to start with,it could mean anything.
It is entitled "Noisey" and the text reads "noisy".
I got a warning(1 more and I'm out) for replying "Fire engine ?" to the 1st post.
It's just a laugh isn't it-no swearing etc,etc.
There are DOZENS of posts every day far worse-so why do I get the grief ???????
Mike

P.S.Mods-can you get together and come to a decision about this,it's not funny after reading some of the posts,seems some guys get away with murder and some don't.

Post by 40612 »

Still awaiting a reply.........................

HuwJHopkins

Post by HuwJHopkins »

40612 wrote:There was some jet-noise on the South-West side of Inverness at 11.17 this morning,anyone know what it was ?
I'm not taking the pi55,but the 1st post IS taking the pi55,it doesn't even mention aircraft noise to start with,it could mean anything.
I got a warning(1 more and I'm out) for replying "Fire engine ?" to the 1st post.
Mike

P.S.Mods-can you get together and come to a decision about this,it's not funny after reading some of the posts,seems some guys get away with murder and some don't.

You got a warning, and quite rightly so, because you made a blatently stupid reply which was taking the michael, either that or you are too stupid to realise he was talking about an aircraft on an aviation section of an aviation forum :looser:

M..

Post by M.. »

Have you even looked at the name or description of this forum?

Heads Up/OTT
Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts

Incase you didn't know OTT stands for over the top and this is what the guys posted about.....think before you post :looser:

Post by 40612 »

Huw ,you have just been much more rude than I was to start with,there's no need to accuse me of such things.I am certainly not stupid. :blinky:
I just can't believe that I received a warning for having a laugh.
Mike

psquiddy

Post by psquiddy »

You got a warning, and quite rightly so, because you made a blatently stupid reply which was taking the michael, either that or you are too stupid to realise he was talking about an aircraft on an aviation section of an aviation forum

What is going on - I always thaught of this as a fairly light hearted forum - and the fire engine comment was just that - a light hearted response.

Calm down folks.

EDIT - the fire engine comment has disappeared - what happened to it?
Over 300 free things to do in London
http://www.toplondondaysout.co.uk

HuwJHopkins

Post by HuwJHopkins »

40612 wrote:Huw ,you have just been much more rude than I was to start with,there's no need to accuse me of such things.I am certainly not stupid. :blinky:
I just can't believe that I received a warning for having a laugh.
Mike

I wasn't rude, just saying it how it is.

Dan380

Post by Dan380 »

Without wanting to spark a debate, I think that might have been a bit harsh. It wasn't like it was a repeated offence or even remotely insulting, can't we have a bit of light hearted humour?

On the other hand, mods rule goes. Not like it's a huge punishment, 40612. I suggest you let it be and don't derail this topic further.

(P.S, The fence is nice and warm, can see for miles up here too!)

scotthldr

Post by scotthldr »

40612 wrote:There was some jet-noise on the South-West side of Inverness at 11.17 this morning,anyone know what it was ?
Mike

Come on Mods, surely it was said in jest :claypole: In my couple of years of being a member on here, Mike(40162) has been one of the more helpful and informative guys on here, it would be a crying shame to lose someone for such a petty issue.

this was a quote from another thread earlier today.

Postby DanO1978 on Fri 14 Nov 2008, 3:32 pm
Engage brain prior to posting next time, eh?

Although i do agree how on it was used.

ericbee123

Post by ericbee123 »

Don't know about you lot, but I am off to Fighter Control to post a thread about how we all falling out on UKAR

:biggrin:

Kidding !!

Jeeez.
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.

APG

Post by APG »

Dunk wrote: theres summut ground running at Brize....

Jonesy off to the bar? :grin:

victormeldrew

Post by victormeldrew »

Yes for goodness sake, can we please attempt to preserve some humour on this board? Mods maybe we can have some clarity on this because if the fire engine remark warrants anything other than a giggle...then god alone where we are going?

Anyway the fire engine that a certain naval type at Brunty revved enthusiastically whilst i was stood next to it covering me in smoke...was very noisy indeed! :clown:
Todays pain in the arse award goes to...Tinker the cat

smileysnake

Post by smileysnake »

It seems that the simple misuse of an 'e' has caused more upset than if we were at a rave! Thank you to APG for a sensible response and providing a possible explanation. To 40612 it seems you delight in sarcasm for the sake of being sarcastic. Not interested! Keep it to yourself! A simple comment on my errant spelling would have sufficed. This was one of my first posts here, and I'm wondering whether it was really worth it. Thanks to the other members who spoke up on my behalf.

Post by 40612 »

At the time I was just having a laugh like MANY others do on here,except MANY others get away with it most of the time,I'm sorry about the spelling rant.I apologise to everyone I have upset.
Mike

smileysnake

Post by smileysnake »

Apology accepted.