Mildenhall closed late wednesday to late saturday

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
138EAW

Mildenhall closed late wednesday to late saturday

Post by 138EAW »

Thanksgiving on thursday so mildenhall is notamed to be closed Wednesday 23:00 to Saturday 23:00. Hope that is of help to some

Start date/time: 26/11/2008 23:00 UTC
End date/time: 29/11/2008 23:00 UTC
Activity period: null
Lower height limit: 000
Upper height limit: 999

AERODROME CLOSED

No notam posted regarding Lakenheath yet
Gary

Russ

Re: Mildenhall closed late wednesday to late saturday

Post by Russ »

Thanks for that, you've just saved me a wasted trip as I was considering going on Saturday. :clap:

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

I want to go to Mildenhall soon and it will be my first time there. So could anyone help by answering a couple of questions for me.

1. Is there flying going on at Mildenhall most days?
2. Is there an area at Mildenhall to watch aircraft come in and land?

Thanks in advance.

dinger

Post by dinger »

itfcscott wrote:I want to go to Mildenhall soon and it will be my first time there. So could anyone help by answering a couple of questions for me.

Thanks in advance.

In answer to your questions. Yes, there is usually flying at Mildenhall throughout the week. This wil include based aircraft movements as well as visiting aircraft. As with most places, it can be very hit and miss. As for viewing areas, at the 11 end of the runway you have a place called John's Field. You pay £1.00 on entry and you can park up and get good take off and landing shots as well as taxiing shots. There is a trailer parked fairly close to the fence that you can use for unobstructed photography. At the 29 end of the runway, there are 2 places to view from. Firstly there is the mound which is around a 150 meter walk from the road side, through some scrub land. This location gives you the chance to get approach shots of the aircraft landing. Alternatively you could park up at Folley Road. This location is found by driving through the Industrial estate at the 29 end.
If you were to use Google Earth I am sure that you will be able to pinpoint the locations that I have mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Dinger.

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

dinger wrote:
itfcscott wrote:I want to go to Mildenhall soon and it will be my first time there. So could anyone help by answering a couple of questions for me.

Thanks in advance.

In answer to your questions. Yes, there is usually flying at Mildenhall throughout the week. This wil include based aircraft movements as well as visiting aircraft. As with most places, it can be very hit and miss. As for viewing areas, at the 11 end of the runway you have a place called John's Field. You pay £1.00 on entry and you can park up and get good take off and landing shots as well as taxiing shots. There is a trailer parked fairly close to the fence that you can use for unobstructed photography. At the 29 end of the runway, there are 2 places to view from. Firstly there is the mound which is around a 150 meter walk from the road side, through some scrub land. This location gives you the chance to get approach shots of the aircraft landing. Alternatively you could park up at Folley Road. This location is found by driving through the Industrial estate at the 29 end.
If you were to use Google Earth I am sure that you will be able to pinpoint the locations that I have mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Dinger.

Thanks. Will hopefully go to Mildenhall soon. :biggrin: