Marham Strangers

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
Sid-104

Marham Strangers

Post by Sid-104 »

Spotted a pair of jets just north of Downham Market at about 3.50 this afternoon heading towards Marham. Initial thoughts were twin seat Jaguars but wasn't sure the French still had them, or maybe Mirage F-1s. Anyone know if any non-UK based stuff's been into Marham today, or perhaps working the Holbeach ranges?

Cheers, Sid. :smile:

DeanW

Re: Marham Strangers

Post by DeanW »

There were a pair of Mirage F1's that went through Coningsby and Lakenheath today, so it was probably those that you saw.

KarlADrage

Post by KarlADrage »

French AF 7821 Flt were noted inbound Waddington by Steve Foster on MSF/Touchdown. No mention of type given (their Jags were long gone before ours were).

ursa_major

Post by ursa_major »

Pair of Mirage F1s, apparently fuelstopped at Waddo & departed approx 1705, surprising as Waddo has been black for most of the day from what I've been told.

Sid-104

Post by Sid-104 »

Thanks for the info, chaps. Glad my recognition skills haven't deserted me just yet. Thought the French Jags had gone but didn't realise theirs went before ours.

Sid.

ursa_major

Post by ursa_major »

Just to correct my post from yesterday after discussion with other locals, it would appear that the F1s *didn't* land at Waddington, but did a flythrough along the runway before heading off towards Cottesmore.

iveco

Post by iveco »

Is it normal to fly through most of the major bases

Or were they getting clued up for a deployment :tongue:
Lee Blake

ursa_major

Post by ursa_major »

I believe that they flew through as most bases around here were unusable due to ice yesterday.