Increased Air Activity....

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
The Flying Barrel

Increased Air Activity....

Post by The Flying Barrel »

Yesterday and today has seen a marked increase in flying in the Hull area, mainly pairs of F-15's cavorting around dogfighting/chasing each other. Must be 1 or 2 times an hour through the day and into night. Can't recall such intense activity in a long time.

Brevet Cable

Re: Increased Air Activity....

Post by Brevet Cable »

They're probably having a change of scenery , or the weather's better there than it is in Wales. :lol:
Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

I've noticed an increase in activity over Birmingham in the past few months, particularly with Chinooks.
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

Russ

Post by Russ »

Chinooks are fairly common over Birmingham, at least as far as military movements go. You've got to remember there's now more in the UK since Op Herrick ended.

Pringles

Post by Pringles »

Russ wrote:Chinooks are fairly common over Birmingham, at least as far as military movements go. You've got to remember there's now more in the UK since Op Herrick ended.

I also noticed that the increase coincided with the withdrawal of forces from Afghanistan, still nice to hear them as they pass over though :biggrin:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic

hunterxf382

Post by hunterxf382 »

Glad I'm not the only one to wonder why the daytime skies reverberate to the increased high level sounds of what I assumed to be F-15's passing through their regular corridor overhead Wolverhampton over the last week or so? Chinooks have been more frequent but the high level stuff has been noticeable if late....
Pete Buckingham
Volunteer in Aviation
Former RAF Engineer
http://hunterxf382.weebly.com/

Luke28

Post by Luke28 »

The Eagles have been very busy in the Lichfield for the past couple of months, I think its just a matter of returning to normality again after the sequestartion when flying was virtually non existance.