Really Low Herc!

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
Mfoster

Really Low Herc!

Post by Mfoster »

Just had 2 hercs low over Sandy, Central Beds, at 1315 heading North Easterly at 100ft, what a sight to see! Does anyone know what they might have been doing?

Stagger2

Re: Really Low Herc!

Post by Stagger2 »

That'll be low-level training then. :wink:
Obviously there's an outside chance they were on an operational flight dropping reinforcements to suppress an uprising by the so-called 'Alconbury Massif'....but unlikely!

st24

Post by st24 »

Mfoster wrote:Just had 2 hercs low over Sandy, Central Beds, at 1315 heading North Easterly at 100ft, what a sight to see! Does anyone know what they might have been doing?

Definitely 100'? - AGL??... :question:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

Mfoster

Post by Mfoster »

Okay maybe 150' but I did lose them behind one of the houses on the estate.

FullCarrot

Post by FullCarrot »

Minimum 250ft MSD unless it's a TTA iirc

raiford

Post by raiford »

Would have been well above 100ft, planes have a knack of looking lower than they actually are due to their large size! and two Herks low level together is nothing, around Worcester back in the good old days of plenty we used to see up to six low level Hercules in a trail with about 10 seconds between them, and returning later on at a higher level and overhead Worcester heading south towards Lyneham, now that was a sight and sound to behold!

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

Indeed it was, I remember seeing one such trail heading east over Shrewsbury and of course they were the old smokey K's too :cool:

st24

Post by st24 »

I think 11 was my record but Capercaillie says he had 13 down his way. Usually on a Saturday iirc to avoid clashes with other L/L traffic, crazy days...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

raiford

Post by raiford »

Wes_Howes wrote:Indeed it was, I remember seeing one such trail heading east over Shrewsbury and of course they were the old smokey K's too :cool:

They probably made a right hander and followed the river back south taking them overhead my house in Worcester!