A400 venting fuel

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
CMS

A400 venting fuel

Post by CMS »

This afternoon an Airbus A400M flew into Brize venting fuel from both wings. Maybe a practice drill but not seen this happen before.

Andrew45

Re: A400M venting fuel

Post by Andrew45 »

Vapour vortices from the flaps!

CMS

Post by CMS »

Andrew45 wrote:Vapour vortices from the flaps!

Thank you, I shall know better next time I see this happen. There was a group of us and we agreed we hadn't seen this before and it must be fuel trailing from the wings. Must have been the particular conditions that day that made the vapour trails so long and dark.

phreakf4

Post by phreakf4 »

[humour] Naah! Pilot forgot to turn off the chemtrail system![/humour]
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

Rampvan

Post by Rampvan »

CMS wrote:

Thank you, I shall know better next time I see this happen. There was a group of us and we agreed we hadn't seen this before and it must be fuel trailing from the wings. Must have been the particular conditions that day that made the vapour trails so long and dark.

for some reason the A400 seems to always produce its own cloud whenever it flies !!

CMS

Post by CMS »

phreakf4 wrote:

[humour] Naah! Pilot forgot to turn off the chemtrail system![/humour]

Arrggh, we were standing right underneath it!

kph100

Post by kph100 »

Yesterday around 5pm what I think was a 400 fly an approach to Staverton Airport, Gloucester, approach along A40 past GCHQ then as it look like it was going to land made a steep climb out. Very impressive when sat in queue of traffic as it flew over us and climbed out in the clear sky.

Seahornet

Post by Seahornet »

kph100 wrote:Yesterday around 5pm what I think was a 400 fly an approach to Staverton Airport, Gloucester, approach along A40 past GCHQ then as it look like it was going to land made a steep climb out. Very impressive when sat in queue of traffic as it flew over us and climbed out in the clear sky.

Well according to Bzzspotters, A400M serial no ZM401 (callsign ASCOT 470) landed at Brize Norton at 5:03pm yesterday. A missed approach at Staverton a few minutes earlier would have been entirely possible, so I'd guess that was your bird. :smile:
And as the smart ship grew,
In stature, grace and hue,
In shadowy silent distance grew the iceberg too....