high speed pass mkt harborough

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
jag636

high speed pass mkt harborough

Post by jag636 »

About six ish tonight we had a fast low jet I didnt see it till it was over the ridge but it sounded different to typhoon or tornado, so my thought is could it have been an f35 it was flying south to north can anyone confirm or varifiy what it was. Not only that we also had a chinhook low about 45 minutes before once again did anyone catch that as well
Member of Newark air museum and trustee/acquisitions officer just trying to save what we all love and thats history

knoxy17

Re: high speed pass mkt harborough

Post by knoxy17 »

Don't think any F35 in the country at the moment.

phil172

Post by phil172 »

RAF and Royal Navy operate 8 f35s jointly. Also Ex Early Resolve taking place in Norfolk, could be something to do with that????

Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Those F35s are based in the US. More likely to be a hawk or maybe a F15 from lakenheath.

jag636

Post by jag636 »

It didn't sound like hawk whats more the speed it was going theres no way it would have been, though to my knowledge it was heavy in sound but a single engine it certainly got my dog going and he's deaf, honest :biggrin:
Member of Newark air museum and trustee/acquisitions officer just trying to save what we all love and thats history

Markv

Post by Markv »

It was a Typhoon, I was out in the garden when it came over.

jag636

Post by jag636 »

Then I stand corrected and wow his tail must have been red hot thanks for that :smile: