Mig 15 and two vampire

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
jag636

Mig 15 and two vampire

Post by jag636 »

About 16 10 hours this afternoon the mig 15 and two vampires came over mkt harborough in a nice sweeping echelon to port the mig was the lead aircraft, so as they were travelling west to east where was the airshow they had justcome fro. Oh and 15 minutes before them a spitfire the same way and 5 minutes after them another spit, my own display brief but nice :clap:
Member of Newark air museum and trustee/acquisitions officer just trying to save what we all love and thats history

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Mig 15 and two vampire

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

They had been at Southport airshow. Heading I assume to Duxford ahead of the show there next weekend.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

jag636

Post by jag636 »

Well they made me a very happy bunny along with the people they had just thrilled in southport thanks for the heads up
Member of Newark air museum and trustee/acquisitions officer just trying to save what we all love and thats history

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:They had been at Southport airshow. Heading I assume to Duxford ahead of the show there next weekend.

Is it actually the case that they would go to Duxford five days early? If you draw a straight line between Southport & North Weald (where they left their transport?) I noticed Market Harborough is only 4miles NNE. of that line, hence the sweeping bend? :dunno:

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Arrived at Duxford yesterday afternoon and photos posted on the Key Form of them sitting on the Jet Pan at Duxford.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Markv

Post by Markv »

I also live in Market Harborough and had the flypast, very nice sight indeed! my two young boys had never seen a vampire or a Mig before so a first for them.