Typhoon over Edinburgh

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
Spiny Norman

Typhoon over Edinburgh

Post by Spiny Norman »

Anyone else see / hear the solo Typhoon flying over the city centre at 11.30am? Looked like up the Royal Mile route used on Tattoo flypasts. Seemed to turn south thereafter.

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Re: Typhoon over Edinburgh

Post by Skyflash »

Spiny Norman wrote:Anyone else see / hear the solo Typhoon flying over the city centre at 11.30am? Looked like up the Royal Mile route used on Tattoo flypasts. Seemed to turn south thereafter.

Came rocketing straight over my office in Tollcross, much to everyone's surprise! Like you say it appeared to be following the exact route used for the flypasts in August... practice run perhaps?
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Seemingly an army parade was being had on the castle esplanade. Caused a bit of consternation amongst those who didn't know it was coming, ie, everyone in the city apart from the army!

Skyflash
UKAR Staff

Post by Skyflash »

Spiny Norman wrote:Seemingly an army parade was being had on the castle esplanade. Caused a bit of consternation amongst those who didn't know it was coming, ie, everyone in the city apart from the army!

:grin:

Certainly livened up an otherwise fairly drab, dreich Thursday.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...

Unknown74

Post by Unknown74 »

Had just come out of the lift in my office and was standing in the reception when I heard it going over. Shame I wasn't quick enough to get out in time.