London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby sdad on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 5:32 pm

What's L/D?
User avatar
sdad

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby verreli on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 5:42 pm

Lift over Drag ratio. One of the fundamental performance indicators in aircraft design.

It's worth noting that an engine out L/D will be lower than can be achieved with the engine idling due to the increased drag at the intakes and exhaust.
verreli

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby neil305 on Wed 09 May 2018, 8:59 pm

It was mentioned will have every type currently in use by RAF and from what I've read elsewhere I reckon (and hope) it may look something like this

3x Chinook
3x Puma
3x Jupiter/Juno
Dakota, Lancaster, 2x Spitfire, 2x Hurricane (BBMF)
9x Tucano
4x Hercules, 2x King Air
C-17, 2x A400M,
BAE 146, 2x Phenom
Voyager, Sentry, 4x Typhoon
Sentinel, RC-135, 4x Tornado
9x Hawk
7x Tornado, 4x F-35
21x Typhoon (100 formation)
9x Hawk (Red Arrows)

Brings you to a grand total of 98...close enough :grin:
neil305

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby Amp on Wed 09 May 2018, 9:39 pm

Based on your guess, might as well chuck in two more Spitfires and get to the hundred!
Amp

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby RAF4EVER on Thu 10 May 2018, 4:18 am

neil305 wrote:It was mentioned will have every type currently in use by RAF and from what I've read elsewhere I reckon (and hope) it may look something like this

3x Chinook
3x Puma
3x Jupiter/Juno
Dakota, Lancaster, 2x Spitfire, 2x Hurricane (BBMF)
9x Tucano
4x Hercules, 2x King Air
C-17, 2x A400M,
BAE 146, 2x Phenom
Voyager, Sentry, 4x Typhoon
Sentinel, RC-135, 4x Tornado
9x Hawk
7x Tornado, 4x F-35
21x Typhoon (100 formation)
9x Hawk (Red Arrows)

Brings you to a grand total of 98...close enough :grin:

King Air is now out of service
RAF4EVER

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby capercaillie on Thu 10 May 2018, 7:40 am

RAF4EVER wrote:
neil305 wrote:It was mentioned will have every type currently in use by RAF and from what I've read elsewhere I reckon (and hope) it may look something like this

3x Chinook
3x Puma
3x Jupiter/Juno
Dakota, Lancaster, 2x Spitfire, 2x Hurricane (BBMF)
9x Tucano
4x Hercules, 2x King Air
C-17, 2x A400M,
BAE 146, 2x Phenom
Voyager, Sentry, 4x Typhoon
Sentinel, RC-135, 4x Tornado
9x Hawk
7x Tornado, 4x F-35
21x Typhoon (100 formation)
9x Hawk (Red Arrows)

Brings you to a grand total of 98...close enough :grin:

King Air is now out of service


Shadow isn't though. :smile:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby roger on Thu 10 May 2018, 7:01 pm

Doesn't the list need some Grobs i.e. Tutor, Prefect and Viking (!) to include every type in service? :lol:
roger

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 10 May 2018, 7:13 pm



:whistle:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby Brevet Cable on Thu 07 Jun 2018, 8:45 am

NATS website : http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=162&Itemid=59.html
M043/2018 for the rehersals, M049/2018 for the flypast.

No details of the composition, though.
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby farnboroughrob on Thu 07 Jun 2018, 9:51 am

Are we to assume the flypast will exit via Northolt overhead? Am planning to pop up to that area to see the flypast. No bothered about photos just want to see it.
farnboroughrob

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby effects on Thu 07 Jun 2018, 5:09 pm

Looks like post Buck House some will head to NHT, some rumoured to be coming through LHR overhead and some further south. There appears to be 3 different routes in Swaffham, Thetford and Colchester.
Sony DSC-HX400V (Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)
User avatar
effects

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby James1971 on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 8:00 am

I usually head to Northolt for the QBF. The past couple of years, the 'display' is rather spread out. Fighters and Tankers were in formation, but the Reds seemed to take a wider route. BBMF / Choppers etc didnt even make it.

I'm off that week, so will probably head into London and watch it from there.
Last edited by James1971 on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James
@jamesoconnor71
Canon 80D
Canon 17-40 f4L USM
Canon 24-105 f4L IS USM
Canon 70-300 f4-5.6L IS USM
Sigma 150-600 C
James1971

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby ericbee123 on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 9:10 am

Here is a map from 2016 by the RAF ( I think ) which shows the routes the different elements took after passing Buckingham Palace.

http://www.egxwinfogroup.co.uk/wp-conte ... g_8471.jpg
Disclaimer-I have spell/grammar checked this post, it may still contain mistakes that might cause offence.
User avatar
ericbee123

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby farnboroughrob on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 9:15 am

Thanks for the info guys, it is mainly the Tornados and Typhoons I want to see, and maybe a F-35 or two?
farnboroughrob

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby Ryan. on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 4:40 pm

Does anyone have a time for the Flypast at the Mall?
Ryan.

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby frank on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 5:17 pm

What`s the best places for viewing and photography (if that's possible)
frank

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby verreli on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 5:41 pm

Ryan. wrote:Does anyone have a time for the Flypast at the Mall?


13:00L
verreli

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby verreli on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 5:45 pm

frank wrote:What`s the best places for viewing and photography (if that's possible)


Depends what you want. I thought a trip up the Shard would provide a unique perspective.
verreli

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby Airshowhammer on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 8:42 pm

St Pauls Cathedral i’ll be top of. Offers a very very good viewpoint!
User avatar
Airshowhammer

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby sdad on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 9:04 pm

Are they overhead at St Paul's? What if they go off track like they did on 9th June?
User avatar
sdad

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby Ryan. on Mon 25 Jun 2018, 10:49 pm

verreli wrote:
Ryan. wrote:Does anyone have a time for the Flypast at the Mall?


13:00L


Thankyou.
Ryan.

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby frank on Tue 26 Jun 2018, 7:50 am

Airshowhammer wrote:St Pauls Cathedral i’ll be top of. Offers a very very good viewpoint!


Thanks for that - do you need to book tickets or just turn up and puff your way to the top.
frank

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby Airshowhammer on Tue 26 Jun 2018, 8:45 am

sdad wrote:Are they overhead at St Paul's? What if they go off track like they did on 9th June?


Very close to being overhead! I’ve been up there many times and haven’t been disappointed!
User avatar
Airshowhammer

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby Airshowhammer on Tue 26 Jun 2018, 8:46 am

frank wrote:
Airshowhammer wrote:St Pauls Cathedral i’ll be top of. Offers a very very good viewpoint!


Thanks for that - do you need to book tickets or just turn up and puff your way to the top.


You do have to book tickets, online or you can buy them on the day!
User avatar
Airshowhammer

Re: London Flypast 10 July - up to 100 aircraft

Postby sdad on Tue 26 Jun 2018, 9:33 am

I want to avoid overhead shots - too many of those silhouettes from a few trips to the Mall. Bet you can nearly touch them though!
User avatar
sdad

PreviousNext

Return to Heads Up/OTT

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adethorne and 13 guests