Re: 849 Squadron Sea-king 'Bagger' Retirement Tour.(Cornwall

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Heads-up! :ninja: The ASAC 7 Finale Tour is put back a day until Wednesday 19th due to poor Tuesday weather forecast. Expect 11:00 dep from Culdrose in Anti-clockwise tour back to Culdrose for estimated 14:00 Local.
See also viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82072 below for Map. Posted here to help avoid a wasted journey? :wink:

Brevet Cable

Post by Brevet Cable »

Tôi chỉ đặt cái này ở đây để giữ cho người điều hành bận rộn
아직도 숨어있다

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Anybody see the fine sight of 3 Sea King Asac7 over Devon this morning in close formation against a blue sky in light to no winds, not at all like last weeks shambolic 'Tour'?
If the answer is 'No' that's because it wasn't announced publicly. Christ, I love the Navy! :wall:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

Sure it was

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RNASCuldrose/status/1044813265468092417[/tweet]
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Tuckat

Post by Tuckat »

Saw them over Axminster about 10.45. superb sight, but no camera with me :sad:
Blood, Tears and Folly

frank

Post by frank »

ST article is claiming the retirement will give a capability gap in beyond the horizon radar for the Navy until the Merlin`s new radar comes on stream in a few years time.
Reduces missile early warning from ca 3 mins to 30 seconds they say.

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

So many people that use this Forum are not users of Face-ache, Twatter or Instagran. Therefore Mr Clever-clogs 'Wiseman', was it too much trouble for the sake of the general proletariat to post that in the Heads-up BEFORE the event ? :facepalm:

Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Post by Wissam24 »

If the answer is 'No' that's because it wasn't announced publicly.

It was announced publicly, you can't complain that it wasn't just because you choose to ignore their news outlets.

I agree however that a headsup should've been posted!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Stagger2 wrote:So many people that use this Forum are not users of Face-ache, Twatter or Instagran. Therefore Mr Clever-clogs 'Wiseman', was it too much trouble for the sake of the general proletariat to post that in the Heads-up BEFORE the event ? :facepalm:

Can't tell if sarcasm or not...

It's up to you not to use those platforms if you don't want to, but the risk is you'll miss news and information. It's no-one's fault but yours if you chose not to use social media, and then miss news posted there.

Perhaps a head's up should've been posted, but those of us that use those platforms don't exist just for the purpose of telling people that don't use them. What about people who refuse to use UKAR and miss a head's up here?

I posted a head's up about the final Cornwall flypast a few days ago, and so it should've been clear the Navy use Instagram (and Twitter/FB) as a news platform. It was clear after a final flypast that they might make a flight to Gosport for disposal or whatever. If you were that desperate to know, did you ask if there was any info about their final plans? That's how the person in the previous thread got the info - they asked and it was provided. Or indeed, knowing they used such platforms, you could have kept an eye on their Instagram/Twitter page for a few days? You don't need to be a user to do that if they're public pages (I don't think).

I'm sorry you missed the final flight, but blaming anyone but yourself for your own choice not to use social media and then missing news on social media is stupid.

Instead of dismissing something you don't use and have no experience of as "Twatter" (easy on the language BTW), maybe just try it instead? :dunno:

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

No! It wasn't sarcasm. Some people are completely okay with the rash of rubbish on social media , but I'm not. I thought 'Heads-up/OTT' on this Forum might be used to give ADVANCE notice to any members who thought the 'last' flight was the week before? Disposal flights don't normally consist of a 3-ship flypast over numerous Navy orientated facilities & a set-up photo-shoot en-route? But hey :dunno:
I could just say I'm not into "tech bollox", as that seems to be acceptable language on this forum. See the post below quoted & condoned by a Team Member. Please level the playing-field & stop moving the goal-posts BTW. Next thing, you'll be warning me that Instagran is ageist! :lmao:

Re: SKU9001 NORTHBOUND
Postby Wissam24 on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 11:56 am
toom317 wrote:
To many people on forums trying to be clever with detailed "technical" information, instead of providing clear information. I've yet to meet anyone who has asked someone in person if they are going to "EXYZ", instead of are you going to "anybase", or look there's ABC123 overhead, instead of look there's that "any airline A320" overhead. If you've got something to say, say it clearly, so folk will understand it. Put all the tech bollox in the post, not the header.

This. I personally find the "EXYZ" stuff to be very "look what I know, look how in the know I am"