Dutch Auster, North Wales?

Aviation sightings, roadrunners, exercises and flypasts
Shyft87

Dutch Auster, North Wales?

Post by Shyft87 »

Hi all,

I was out and about saturday, and driving home past the Rhug Estate near Corwen, North Wales.

Across the road from it I spotted what appeared to be an Auster, next to a small grass strip, and I could've sworn it had Dutch roundels.

Has anyone got any more information on this? I've searched google and can only find a brief mention of the aircraft.

thanks for your time,

HeyfordDave111

Re: Dutch Auster, North Wales?

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Shyft87 wrote:Hi all,

I was out and about saturday, and driving home past the Rhug Estate near Corwen, North Wales.

Across the road from it I spotted what appeared to be an Auster, next to a small grass strip, and I could've sworn it had Dutch roundels.

Has anyone got any more information on this? I've searched google and can only find a brief mention of the aircraft.

thanks for your time,

I have seen the aircraft fly a few times from this site, while i'm driving to the loop.

To be honest i thought it had RAF roundels, but driving and plane watching is not good with that turning to Bala looking up on the left.
Got to love Russianhardware

Shyft87

Post by Shyft87 »

I honestly could be wrong, but when I spotted it, I thought it was wearing dutch markings.

Google has not helped me find it :lol:

keithjs

Post by keithjs »

Shyft87 wrote:I honestly could be wrong, but when I spotted it, I thought it was wearing dutch markings.

I think you might be looking for the wrong aircraft type? There are at least half a dozen Cubs in the UK wearing Dutch markings so it could be one of those?
Personally, I'd put money on G-LION as it has been seen at Caernafon...
...Rad shutters auto.

Shyft87

Post by Shyft87 »

keithjs wrote:
Shyft87 wrote:I honestly could be wrong, but when I spotted it, I thought it was wearing dutch markings.

I think you might be looking for the wrong aircraft type? There are at least half a dozen Cubs in the UK wearing Dutch markings so it could be one of those?
Personally, I'd put money on G-LION as it has been seen at Caernafon...

I think you might have hit the nail on the head with that one mate! :up:

st24

Post by st24 »

It had been to Halfpenny Green I believe..
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

The one i see when i'm going to the loop every so often is from the farm complex next to the A5 opposite the turn for Bala.

If you go on google earth, then street view for that junction. You can see the wind sock in the corner of the field.
Got to love Russianhardware