Cold War GB - BAe Nimrod

Re: Cold War GB - BAe Nimrod

Postby Craig on Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:36 am

Nice! Looking good mate! I'm sure you'll beat its trials and tribulations!
Craig
UKAR Staff

Postby Deacon on Wed 20 Nov 2013, 10:57 pm

Craig wrote:Nice! Looking good mate! I'm sure you'll beat its trials and tribulations!

Thanks for the encouragement mate, I appreciate it.
Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Postby Maisie on Wed 20 Nov 2013, 11:05 pm

Deacon wrote:I have been trying to progress this build for Bill.

The wing/fuselage join has been a real pain, but here is how it looks now.

Unfortunately there is a gap and the fuselage seam popped with the weight of the wings. :sad:

If it isn't to late, get some tape and tape the wings together from one side to the other with the tape passing over the fuselage, it'll hold them in the up position and release some pressure of the weight of the wings. I'd apply some dollops of super glue in 6 places, then when happy, go along the seam with plastic weld.

Looking good BTW, I have this kit in the to do list, mine has parts missing though (bought like it, but it was only £5!)
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6
Maisie

Postby bill2b on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 11:31 pm

Looking good Alan
Remember what I said about priorities, take your time I have been decorating my bathroom for over 7 years much to the disgust of my lady :oops:
Well I have a lot of other jobs on, honest.
bill2b

Postby Deacon on Tue 03 Dec 2013, 7:44 am

bill2b wrote:Looking good Alan
Remember what I said about priorities, take your time I have been decorating my bathroom for over 7 years much to the disgust of my lady :oops:
Well I have a lot of other jobs on, honest.

:lol: , we've all been there mate.

I'm just trying to do a bit at a time mate, but I do appreciate the support. :clap:
Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Postby bill2b on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 7:57 am

Does anyone have any contact details for Alan, I have tried to pm him but it would seem he has gone so I doubt he will get any pms.
I am just trying to get my Nimrod back, Thanks
Bill
bill2b

Postby DerekF on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 9:54 am

I've looked back my PMs but no contact details in any of the messages Alan sent. Arabjazzie is your best bet probably.

I don't know what happened to Alan, he abruptly left a couple of years ago. I hope he's OK.
DerekF

Postby ArabJazzie on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 2:05 pm

DerekF wrote:I've looked back my PMs but no contact details in any of the messages Alan sent. Arabjazzie is your best bet probably.

I don't know what happened to Alan, he abruptly left a couple of years ago. I hope he's OK.

Not 100% sure i will have any details either! Sadly the PM that i sent him when he disappeared is still sitting in my outbox. We did do some trading with kits so might still have his address somewhere.

I do wish he would get in touch!
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!
ArabJazzie

Postby ColeTheDemolisher on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 3:04 pm

Uniden UBC125XLT

Sorry Goose, but its time to Buzz the tower...

Dudley, West Midlands
ColeTheDemolisher

Postby ArabJazzie on Mon 20 Mar 2017, 10:10 pm

Cole,
I think Pms are email notified as well and i think he is ignoring them.

Having had a wee bit of a think, i believe he has been in contact with Fumbles since departure, even if only for RIAT.
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!
ArabJazzie

Postby Fumbles on Thu 23 Mar 2017, 1:29 am

I just went through all my messages going back to 2011. Sadly the last message back from Alan was May 2014 and I do have a message in my outbox that has sat there since 2015. We did meet at Cosford once with his wife and children (Great Family) and at two RIATs. We communicated through UKAR Messages.. Sadly I do not have an address or a phone number. He disappeared off all modelling for some reason. Just as he was picking up some serious skills too! Even if they were tanks,cars and boats. You guys are not the only ones that hope one day he either returns just to say hi even. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Fumbles
UKAR Staff

Postby bill2b on Sun 26 Mar 2017, 6:11 pm

Thanks for all your help folks. Its not a problem in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully Alan is OK.
bill2b

Previous

Return to UKAR Modelling Group Builds