I can't believe how quickly you've knocked this one together :shock:

Lovely job :clap: :clap: :clap:
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Re: T & T GB 1:72 Revell Handley Page Victor - Finished

Post by Deacon »

Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate the positive vibes. :biggrin:

I must admit that I am chuffed to have this kite in my collection. Nimrod and Vulcan must be purchased soon.

Cheers

Deacon

Darren Currie

Post by Darren Currie »

Wes_Howes wrote:She is a beaut, well done sir :clap: the panel detailing looks spot on to me

It certainly does! Those look like raised panel lines rather than recessed ones - can I ask how you tackled these?

Recently got back into modelling and I have a couple in the stash with raised lines and wondered how to highlight these - any help would be appreciated as these appear to be spot on

Cheers

Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Post by Deacon »

Thanks Darren. :smile:

I asked the same quetion of Takamota a while ago when he built an Arfix Harrier. His response was -

"Panel lines were left raised and were washed using Promodeller Dark wash. With raised panel lines you need to gently rub the wash towards the lines and it will build up against them. When almost gone you then rub lightly in the direction of airflow."

Although I use a Mig wash equivalant to Pro Modeller (although perhaps not as good) I did as he suggested and it came out OK. So, no real difference to recessed pane lines really, on the one the wash sits in the panel line, on the other the wash sits at the base of the panel line.

If any other member can give further help to Darren that would be great.

Deacon

Ben Montgomery

Post by Ben Montgomery »

Darren - if you want to give it a go, I'd reccomend scribing the panel lines. Have a look at my AC-130 build, first time I've tried out panel line scribing so there is a semi-step-by-step in there if you want it.

flying_medic

Post by flying_medic »

Whoops! Nearly missed this one. Deacon, you need to slow down a bit; you are making the rest of us look bad.

Excellent build, though. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Darren Currie

Post by Darren Currie »

Credit where credit is due - this was a great build

Deacon wrote: When almost gone you then rub lightly in the direction of airflow."Deacon

You slightly lost me here - when almost gone - how do you mean?

TheOriginalMonty wrote:Darren - if you want to give it a go, I'd reccomend scribing the panel lines. Have a look at my AC-130 build, first time I've tried out panel line scribing so there is a semi-step-by-step in there if you want it.

Thanks for the advice Monty and have been watching you AC-130 build with interest but I think there is a quote somewhere which says 'Dont run before you can walk' or something along those lines. In the last build I completed a couple of years ago I re-scribed the line as I didn't think they were deep enough and made numerous 'slips' which require some tippex to repair - I will have a few more attempts at re-scribing before having a go from scratch.

Thanks for all the advice - I have a couple of F-15Es in progress at the moment - please dont look for regular updates as it has taken almost two years to get the initial one ready for priming!

Thanks for all the advice on here - it is very much appreciated

Cheers

scotthldr

Post by scotthldr »

I didn't realise that I haven't commented on this one Deacon, sorry :oops: A great looking build of what can sometimes be a pig of a kit. Only thing I can pick up on is, it's too clean looking. With the upper surface being so big a pre-shade or post-shade would've broke up the flattish appearance, although the panel wash has reduced it a fair bit. Breaking up the surface colour would've have finished it to a T. Something to remember. Good build none the less :clap: :clap: :clap:

Craig

Post by Craig »

Just found this one Deacon-lovely! Do like a nice Victor and that this one certainly is! :cool:

Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Post by Deacon »

Thanks guys for the feed back, I will try some of the new techniques that have been suggested.

Darren, basically if you 'flood' the kit with a panel wash, you will spend some time wiping it off, as you get close to cleaning the stuff off that is not staying against or in panel lines, wipe towards the back of the aircraft. Remember, it was someone else who instructed me to do panel washes this way. :grin:

Deacon