Poll for cleaning up the GB section of the forum

A forum for UKAR Group Builds

Should we drop some of the finished group builds down to just topics to clean this area up a bit?

Poll ended at Sat 01 Oct 2011, 4:37 am

Yes?
42%
Yes?
42%
No?
8%
No?
8%

Total votes: 26

Fumbles

Poll for cleaning up the GB section of the forum

Post by Fumbles »

I came in to look at some of the upcoming group builds and had to scroll way down a bunch of completed build announcements to get there. What do you guys think? Should we move some of the completed build threads down into the topics to clean up a little clutter? Not all, just maybe half to make room for the new group builds to come. I'll let the poll goto the end of the month so that things will or will not be changed for the next round of group builds.

davidm

Re: Poll for cleaning up the GB section of the forum

Post by davidm »

How about some sort of finished GB Archive they could be moved too?

David

TomTwin

Post by TomTwin »

davidm wrote:How about some sort of finished GB Archive they could be moved too?

David

+1. Would be a lot better than scrapping them all.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

I could re-structure the forum to make modelling it's own individual section (like the photography and airshow sections) with the general modelling forum, a group build forum and then a archive tucked in as a sub-forum in the GB section?
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

scotthldr

Post by scotthldr »

I know I'm not the prolific poster I used to be, but wasn't the original idea to keep just the Finished Galleries as individual threads in their own section and get rid of the rest?

Example: You have the Main Group Build Section as you have now. Once you open that up you then have the Finshed GB Galleries as it's own sub section.

Under that you have another sub section which contains all of the current GB's Chat and WIP's as it now, with a "sticky" post listing the future GB's and dates.

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

Hello chaps,
I contacted someone about this very thing during the week so i hope you dont mind.

I kinda like the way the model section is at the minute or are we big/busy enough to deserve our own section? The finished GBs need to be thinned out though as passing all the finished GBs might put some people off before they see the works. Might the 2 current and last 2 GBs be enough?

If we were to get our own section, how many forums would there be? Could there be a Model Chat, WIP, Gallery and GB forum?
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

Firstly let me say sorry for being so late with this poll. For the past almost two weeks I have been working Monday to Friday and then doing computer server security courses at night then to boot! I came down with the most nasty cold or something that just beat the hell out of me. All I wanted to do was just get home after class and get to bed. I'm feeling better now and would like to get this section of the forum sorted out. I have sent a message to Dan asking what kind of options we have. We will get it sorted. For the time being. I'll leave the old builds where they are. I also added the new current builds.. Again sorry for the delay.
Happy building everyone.

Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Post by Deacon »

Thanks mate, glad you are on the mend. :up:

Alan

Fumbles

Post by Fumbles »

Many thanks to Dan aka LN Strike Eagle for adding the new UKAR Group Build Archive :clap:
I have sent the 2009 completed Builds to the Archive and got the chance to see again the great work done by all in UKAR's very first year in Group Building... :clap: Before I went any further adding more. Would it be alright to add all of the 2010 completed builds as well? This would leave only the 2011 completed group build galleries here untill the New Year for 2012 Completed threads are started. Just as a side note.... I am really looking forward to the 2012 Group builds! I think I'll make a nice dent in the stash this year. :biggrin:

Let me know what you all think PM or here.. If I cannot respond right away durring this week. Please forgive me. I have one last exam Monday and then I am off to Las Vegas Friday the 11th for Aviation Nation and will be back Tuesday the 15th. I'll log on as much as I can between now and the 15th to check in and move things around if erveryone is ok with the changes.

Deacon
UKAR Supporter

Post by Deacon »

I think add all the 2010 builds too mate. Keeping the current year is sufficient.

Alan

ArabJazzie

Post by ArabJazzie »

Fumbles n all,
Basing this on what i see in my screen, what do you think about having just the 6 most recent GB galleries in that section? For me its a quick scroll down and i see the main body of the forum. What do others think?
Arabest,
Geoff.
52 in a year! We must be certifiable!