Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby EMarsh on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 10:30 am

G-CVIX wrote:What's the story behind Princess Elizabeth then?


If you mean that in the modern sense, TFC sold her following a lengthy restoration (first flight 1997) and a comprehensive rebuild at Chino from 1997/8-2005. 'Liz then went to the USA for the Gathering of Mustangs and Legends and stayed there. Last I heard, she'd been sold, possibly to Tom Friedkin or Jim Beasley?

Apologies if there are any errors in the above post, I'm going on memory alone!
EMarsh

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby MrAngry2 on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 10:40 am

Couple of oldies

Image

Image
http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardjudge/

Biggin Hill international cheese fair 2011 (TBC)
User avatar
MrAngry2

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby AlexC on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 11:13 am

What's with the masts behind the cockpit canopies of Jumpin' Jacques, Janie and Marinell? Looks like fake ones made of wood unpainted?
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
User avatar
AlexC

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby Yak 11 Fan on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 11:46 am

AlexC wrote:What's with the masts behind the cockpit canopies of Jumpin' Jacques, Janie and Marinell? Looks like fake ones made of wood unpainted?


And you forgot the one on Janie as well (all from the same source oddly enough...) We have an original wooden one in the stores too...
Yak 11 Fan

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby Yak 11 Fan on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 11:48 am

EMarsh wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:What's the story behind Princess Elizabeth then?


If you mean that in the modern sense, TFC sold her following a lengthy restoration (first flight 1997) and a comprehensive rebuild at Chino from 1997/8-2005. 'Liz then went to the USA for the Gathering of Mustangs and Legends and stayed there. Last I heard, she'd been sold, possibly to Tom Friedkin or Jim Beasley?

Apologies if there are any errors in the above post, I'm going on memory alone!


Priness Elizabeth had been sold to Jim Beasley a year or so before the Gathering, he has since sold it on to Dan Freidkin. 'Twighlight Tear' was the aircraft that went across for the Gathering and has been under rebuild at Chino since then.
Yak 11 Fan

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby AlexC on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 3:09 pm

Yak 11 Fan wrote:And you forgot the one on Janie as well (all from the same source oddly enough...) We have an original wooden one in the stores too...


I didn't forget Janie. So the original wartime masts were made of wood?
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
User avatar
AlexC

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby Mark V on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 3:40 pm

Yak 11 Fan wrote:
MrAngry2 wrote:Good point what happened to 'Susy'?


Susy became Darlin Ann and was then sold to a German owner in 2007.
And then on to a Swiss owner in 2009 (but staying in Germany) - currently in bare metal awaiting a new name.
User avatar
Mark V

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby keithnewsome on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 10:12 pm

Two from Old Buckenham last saturday .... Keith.

Image

Image
keithnewsome

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby G-CVIX on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 11:03 pm

Yak 11 Fan wrote:
EMarsh wrote:
G-CVIX wrote:What's the story behind Princess Elizabeth then?


If you mean that in the modern sense, TFC sold her following a lengthy restoration (first flight 1997) and a comprehensive rebuild at Chino from 1997/8-2005. 'Liz then went to the USA for the Gathering of Mustangs and Legends and stayed there. Last I heard, she'd been sold, possibly to Tom Friedkin or Jim Beasley?

Apologies if there are any errors in the above post, I'm going on memory alone!


Priness Elizabeth had been sold to Jim Beasley a year or so before the Gathering, he has since sold it on to Dan Freidkin. 'Twighlight Tear' was the aircraft that went across for the Gathering and has been under rebuild at Chino since then.


Ah thank you. She is a lovely aircraft, shame I never got to see her.
User avatar
G-CVIX

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby mattlaker on Wed 01 Jul 2009, 11:35 pm

A couple from me!
Pre- DSLR
Frankie at Biggin, 2007
Image
Miss Velma, Fairford, 2007
Image

Post DSLR
Jumpin' Jacques, Shoreham 2008
Image
Image
Miss Helen, 'That' Duxford- not the sharpest, but the only one i got of her landing approach...
Image
Miss Velma, Legends 2008
Image
Miss Velma and Ferocious Frankie
Image

Hope you like them!!! :)
Matt hates Photo Etch as of today
User avatar
mattlaker

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby viper28 on Thu 02 Jul 2009, 6:36 am

Biggin-08
Image
Cheers Simon

You can't beat a good Canon shot
User avatar
viper28

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby Mike on Thu 02 Jul 2009, 6:59 am

A few oldies, from the making of 'Memphis Belle' in summer 1989

Image

Image

Image

Image
Mike

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby EMarsh on Thu 02 Jul 2009, 8:42 am

Please tells me you have more of the Memphis Belle filming... :drool:

Iceman - where was that BBD/Janie/JJ pic taken? I don't recognise the airfield. Backdrop looks slightly akin to Old Warden, but it clearly isn't.
EMarsh

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby F-86 on Thu 02 Jul 2009, 5:50 pm

Great shots Mike, do you have any pic's of the other two Mustangs that took part in the filming?
User avatar
F-86

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby Blackbird on Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:37 pm

A few of mine, some older than others.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
(I can't understand what's made the odd greenish coloured mark on this?)

Image

Image

Image

Probably my favourite
Image

Image

Andy :smile:
User avatar
Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby Blackbird on Thu 02 Jul 2009, 9:45 pm

Notwithstanding the dozen or so I've just posted, this is the one I was really looking for. Seen at Lakenheath Open House in 1986 this, apparently, became Big Beautiful Doll. If anyone knows otherwise, I'd be pleased to know. Seen here in the markings of No3 Sqn RAAF.

Image

Andy :tongue:
User avatar
Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby F-86 on Thu 02 Jul 2009, 10:35 pm

Blackbird wrote:Notwithstanding the dozen or so I've just posted, this is the one I was really looking for. Seen at Lakenheath Open House in 1986 this, apparently, became Big Beautiful Doll. If anyone knows otherwise, I'd be pleased to know. Seen here in the markings of No3 Sqn RAAF.

Image

Andy :tongue:

Very nice shot, yes you are correct it is the former OFMC Mustang now with Rob Davies as BBD.
User avatar
F-86

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby PhilEAF92 on Fri 03 Jul 2009, 1:09 am

Three from me



Image

Image

Image
User avatar
PhilEAF92



Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby Mark V on Fri 03 Jul 2009, 10:20 am

Mmm lovely - keep em coming please! :smile:
User avatar
Mark V

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby Blackbird on Fri 03 Jul 2009, 11:20 am

F-86; Thanks :smile:

Andy
User avatar
Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby Flyingmonster on Fri 03 Jul 2009, 8:58 pm

Hey
Two of Jumping Jaques from me. Taken at last years Cosford :smile:

Image

Image

Jamie
For ever looking skywards!!
User avatar
Flyingmonster

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby Mictheslik on Fri 03 Jul 2009, 9:29 pm

A couple of the more interesting pics....

Image

Image

Image

.mic
Mictheslik Aviation Photography

Remember when we went to Payerne on that Wednesday?
User avatar
Mictheslik

Re: Britain's Mustangs - let's see 'em..

Postby Yak 11 Fan on Fri 03 Jul 2009, 10:14 pm

A few of mine, I don't have time to faff about in photoshop so they are as they came out of the camera.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Yak 11 Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Themed Photo Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests