RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby CJS on Tue 29 Nov 2016, 7:29 pm

Oh I'm not knocking the role of a cleaner - goodness me no. Especially not in the world of top aviation related very definite know-it-alls.

Seriously, no offence intended towards anyone in the cleaning industry.

I reckon it'll be another few weeks before n12...etc crawls out the woodwork with another claim he/she was right all along. ;-)
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby Brevet Cable on Tue 29 Nov 2016, 8:33 pm

Don't worry....it's all done by Sodexo these days , and they're a French company !! :biggrin:
Brevet.. Meh !!
Not an enthusiast or a spotter
trollpikken fforwm swyddogol
User avatar
Brevet Cable

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby XX752 on Thu 08 Dec 2016, 4:07 pm

n0143773 wrote:
CJS wrote:
n0143773 wrote:I was absolutely correct. There is no RAF airshow at Scampton. Waddington Airshow has not moved to Scampton. My facts are correct.


No, you were not absolutely correct. You were absolutely incorrect. And it's wonderful that you still think you were right.

I worked for someone like you once. They didn't last long.

I guess your source (which may as well have been sauce) wasn't quite so well placed as you wanted so desperately to believe.

Still, you think you're right so that's the main thing eh? ;-)


Yes I was. RAF Waddington Airshow did not move to Scampton. What some charity/group of volunteers choose to take on, is nothing to do with the RAF. Not in the same way Waddington was.

I've lasted 38 years in the RAF so far.

No source. My own knowledge thanks.


Hope you are not like the guy we had recently working for us - Been in the Airforce for 22 years and was proud to admit that he had spent as much time as possible doing as little as he could - a trait he unfortunately continued with us which saw him dismissed after less than 6 months service..............
XX752

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby CJS on Fri 09 Dec 2016, 10:20 am

CJS wrote:
I reckon it'll be another few weeks before n12...etc crawls out the woodwork with another claim he/she was right all along. ;-)


Maybe not :tumbleweed: :surrender: :cuppa:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby craig.mason on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 10:21 pm

So what aircraft items are likely to attend this years show
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM
User avatar
craig.mason

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 10:37 pm

Too early to tell Craig, the allocations aren't out yet.

Apart from the obvious; the Reds and BBMF, and whatever else the RAF is offering.

I think we're all waiting to see what's in store. :smile:
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires
User avatar
Wrexham Mackem

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby Spotty_Jag on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 7:04 pm

RAF will provide; RAFAT, BBMF, Typhoon & Falcons all for the flying display. :ninja:
Spotty_Jag

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby CJS on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 7:55 pm

The ninja probably isn't necessary. I'd imagine they're going to be a given at a show held at Scampton. Certainly the first two - be a tiny bit odd if they didn't feature!
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby Finningley Boy on Fri 03 Feb 2017, 8:30 pm

n0143773,

You're not one of those types thinks that having got 45% of the vote in the Scottish independence referendum, they were the winning side! Or that the gallant 48% in the EU referendum should not be defied?

I say this because you told everyone on this forum that the Scampton Airshow would not happen, you were absolutely sure without any equivocation. Now you say you won the argument, but you were proved wrong. And that is the only summing up of your attempt to sound like someone in the know. :cuppa:

So carry on Mr W. Mitty! :wink:

FB :biggrin:
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby craig.mason on Mon 06 Feb 2017, 4:02 pm

My local coach company is advertising scampton
Image
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM
User avatar
craig.mason

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby Flare Path on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 5:20 pm

Interesting, albeit brief, comment by Dr Robert Pleming - in the latest UKAR podcast - on the future of Scampton as a base.

I have no reason to question his integrity. Therefore, surely it is concerning to hear him suggest the base is (still) not secure from development, when the Charitable Trust are trying to get a new airshow off the ground... :confused:
Flare Path

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 5:38 pm

I don't think its particularly concerning. Dr Pleming expressed an opinion, and to be honest you can follow his logic. The base is close to Lincoln and probably worth a tempting amount of money. But the infrastructure for the airshow is hardly permanent. If, and a big if, the base does close and the show has run for a few years in the mean time, raising a tidy sum for RAFCTE, then it'll have been worth doing.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires
User avatar
Wrexham Mackem

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby Chris G on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 2:57 pm

Park and view on base Thurs, Fri and Mon. Costing just £5 per adult.
Kirkbride Airfield, Cumbria, Open Day - Sun 3rd Sept 2017
User avatar
Chris G

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby Chris G on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:07 pm

Duxford based Catalina booked to display as posted on their website.
Kirkbride Airfield, Cumbria, Open Day - Sun 3rd Sept 2017
User avatar
Chris G

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby BossMann on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 8:34 am

Unfortunately Sanicole have announced Patrouille Swiss and the Swiss F-18 demo. I was hoping for these to come to Scampton as its their 'away from RIAT' year.

Looks like clashing with sanicole's 40th anniversary event may have not been such a good idea. Time will tell I guess ...
BossMann

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby capercaillie on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 10:16 am

BossMann wrote:Unfortunately Sanicole have announced Patrouille Swiss and the Swiss F-18 demo. I was hoping for these to come to Scampton as its their 'away from RIAT' year.

Looks like clashing with sanicole's 40th anniversary event may have not been such a good idea. Time will tell I guess ...


Swiss Hornet was away from RIAT last year and the year before? Do they actually have one of those as appearances are quite erratic?
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby Chris G on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 6:54 pm

Looks like it's going to be a good year to go to Sanicole, fingers crossed something gets pulled from the bag.
Kirkbride Airfield, Cumbria, Open Day - Sun 3rd Sept 2017
User avatar
Chris G

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby BossMann on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 9:55 pm

Chris G wrote:Looks like it's going to be a good year to go to Sanicole, fingers crossed something gets pulled from the bag.


I Hope so too.

Meanwhile, the Greek F16 'Zeus' Demo team have also confirmed for Sanicole.
BossMann

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby lancey2k32 on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 10:25 am

Noticed Scampton is not on the enquiry list for the Swedish Historic Flight. Usually a big selling point for Waddington in the Past. Maybe its because of the different team running the show ??
lancey2k32

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby capercaillie on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 10:35 am

lancey2k32 wrote:Noticed Scampton is not on the enquiry list for the Swedish Historic Flight. Usually a big selling point for Waddington in the Past. Maybe its because of the different team running the show ??



Or because its the same sheet every year and Scampton is a new venue............... :tumbleweed:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby lancey2k32 on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 10:38 am

Haha you're probably right regards the list. New venue is correct however this is a replacement for Waddington.
lancey2k32

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby john001 on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 10:39 am

It's not the same sheet
john001

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby CJS on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 10:52 am

john001 wrote:It's not the same sheet


It pretty much is - see the RIAT thread!
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby craig.mason on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 10:55 am

I am sure as its the guys who also do RIAT (Royal Air Force Charitable Trust) they will get some nice display items for us to enjoy maybe some aircraft that also do the air tattoo earlier in the year like the f-35
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM
User avatar
craig.mason

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby CJS on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 12:33 pm

craig.mason wrote:I am sure as its the guys who also do RIAT (Royal Air Force Charitable Trust) they will get some nice display items for us to enjoy maybe some aircraft that also do the air tattoo earlier in the year like the f-35


Perhaps, but it's not as if anything will hang around after RIAT just to appear at Scampton. The F-35s are all in the US still and as far as I know that's not about to change, so I don't think I can see them coming over for RIAT (if indeed they do come over for RIAT) then repeating it again (think of the cost!) a few months later.
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

PreviousNext

Return to Scampton Airshow

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests