RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Postby pb643 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 9:14 am

speedbird2639 wrote:http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/tickets-are-flying-for-the-new-scampton-air-show/story-30261376-detail/story.html

You can all stand easy - its only the 'prawn sandwich' tickets that are close to selling out - no mention of any availability issue for general admission.

Sorry, you are absolutely correct. I clearly wasn't paying attention.
pb643

Postby BossMann on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 10:11 am

P40 Kittyhawk and P51d added to the flying display.

Hoping for some more foreign stuff from DBH for Scampton, to join the Belgian F16 display.
BossMann

Postby st24 on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 11:41 am

BossMann wrote:Hoping for some more foreign stuff from DBH for Scampton, to join the Belgian F16 display.

Realistically what's left fast jet wise? French Alpha Jet (presuming they're definitely on), there's availability in the Spanish Hornet and Typhoon schedule, Polish MiG-29, Italian Tonka/M346/Typhoon??
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby BossMann on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 2:44 pm

st24 wrote:
BossMann wrote:Hoping for some more foreign stuff from DBH for Scampton, to join the Belgian F16 display.

Realistically what's left fast jet wise? French Alpha Jet (presuming they're definitely on), there's availability in the Spanish Hornet and Typhoon schedule, Polish MiG-29, Italian Tonka/M346/Typhoon??

In all honesty I think we would be happy with anything. Canadian F18s from Lens? Maybe the team are still negotiating with Sanicole/ Lens on sharing some acts?
BossMann

Postby JJC on Fri 28 Apr 2017, 3:06 pm

They sure are showing the Belgians how to put on a decent show :grin:
''Time to dive into the fireworks!''
JJC

Postby DerekF on Sat 29 Apr 2017, 8:55 am

The fact that you think this funny lends more weight to the suggestion a few posts ago that there are those that seem to want Scampton to fail. It has to be realized that while it possible for some to travel to airshows abroad, for many/most is it neither possible, practical or desirable.
Many will moan about the state and number of UK airshows and yet seem reluctant to support a new venture.

After the event it may that the Scampton event isn't as good as it could be but let's give it a chance?
DerekF

Postby Mooshie1956 on Sat 29 Apr 2017, 9:38 am

DerekF wrote:Many will moan about the state and number of UK airshows and yet seem reluctant to support a new venture.

After the event it may that the Scampton event isn't as good as it could be but let's give it a chance?

The thing is Derek there's supporting and blindly supporting. Why would I choose to go to Scampton, pay for a tank of fuel, £40ish to get in food, etc and have 2-3 hours travel time each way, when I can leave it a week go to Southport for a couple of gallons of fuel, £7 odd to get in 45mins travel time each way and see virtually the same acts plus the Sea Vixen and Sally B. There's no comparison. With what I save on not going to Scampton will theoretically pay for Cosford Airshow, so I get 2 shows for the price of 1.
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/mooshie1956/
Panny G80 12-60 Lens
Panny 100-300 Lens
Olympus 60 Macro Lens
Mooshie1956

Postby Stagger2 on Sat 29 Apr 2017, 10:52 am

Attendance at an event is all very subjective & inextricably linked to geographic location & financial status of the potential attendee. There will always be cost-vs-return considerations, (value-for-money) but the Scampton event with limited capacity causing extra cost-per-head is going to suit 'local' families & enthusiasts who are willing to 'blow the budget' by attending one event a year & can't/won't travel an extended distance for bigger & better events.
I'm sure the event will sell-out this year, but I'm not confident about its sustainability at the current location going forward. With many of this years displays operated from elsewhere, like Waddington, home-base & other events, a good proportion of the take-off & recovery phases won't happen due to runway or aircraft-parking constraints. I'm afraid that to pledge unswerving financial support to an aviation event that doesn't 'tick all your boxes' is both fanciful & futile in ensuring future Air-show viability. If the collective authorities are as 'hell-bent' as appears to destroy such a popular industry & leisure interest, they will!
For all the above reasons I won't be investing...I'm out!

(now, where was I with the total of "Deaths at Football Matches"?? :whistle: )
Stagger2

Postby pb643 on Sun 30 Apr 2017, 11:06 am

st24 wrote:

What are the chances of something appearing from the Middle East or Asia, following Reds tour last year? That could see a complete change in the shows attractiveness.
pb643

Postby Luke28 on Mon 01 May 2017, 10:56 am

French Air Force Alpha Jet solo self confirmed.
Luke28

Postby Spotty_Jag on Mon 01 May 2017, 11:09 am

Luke28 wrote:French Air Force Alpha Jet solo self confirmed.

Good stuff! :clap: Hopefully they'll get something flying from Poland and then it's getting back on track...
Spotty_Jag

Postby boff180 on Tue 02 May 2017, 4:46 pm

Just formally confirmed too!
boff180
UKAR Staff

Postby The Baron on Tue 02 May 2017, 6:11 pm

Not before time either! I'm glad Scampton have secured a unique display you won't see anywhere else in the UK this year.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby AMB on Tue 02 May 2017, 10:53 pm

The Baron wrote:Not before time either! I'm glad Scampton have secured a unique display you won't see anywhere else in the UK this year.

You are kidding I hope? I really think DBH are pushing their luck trying to arrange two UK shows only two months apart and trying to get a decent participation for both. By the rather poor RIAT line-up so far, they are struggling getting participants to one, let alone two. :whistle:
Adrian
AMB

Postby The Baron on Wed 03 May 2017, 5:21 am

AMB wrote:
The Baron wrote:Not before time either! I'm glad Scampton have secured a unique display you won't see anywhere else in the UK this year.

You are kidding I hope? I really think DBH are pushing their luck trying to arrange two UK shows only two months apart and trying to get a decent participation for both. By the rather poor RIAT line-up so far, they are struggling getting participants to one, let alone two. :whistle:

Poor RIAT line up? I think you're the one that's kidding!
I'm genuinely pleased for Scampton to have secured the Alpha Jet.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby AngryAndyPandy on Wed 03 May 2017, 11:14 am

Don't feed the troll. He thinks it's bad, you think it's good. Let's not start another 'who-can-cry-the-loudest contest'.
AngryAndyPandy

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017?

Postby CJS on Tue 09 May 2017, 1:55 pm

n0143773 wrote:
SilentFlight wrote:
CJS wrote:
I appreciate that sometimes people are in the know but have their hands tied by those in much higher places and are therefore unable to spill the beans

:wink: exactly on the nail, there is a very detailed plan, but the RAF hold the decision, which we will all have to wait for.

:lmao:

It's amazing really. I tell everyone that Waddington will never have an airshow again, whilst all you had to say was 'wait and see everyone, wait and see...' getting hopes up for no reason. As it happens, that round finished n0143773 1-0 SilentFlight.

Now, I am here telling everyone there will be no airshow at Scampton, whilst again, all you have to say is 'wait and see everyone, wait and see...' - hopefully people have learnt from last time, in advance of me taking a 2-0 lead over you.

It's been a while, you ok? Forgotten your password for the site perhaps? The mods can reset that for you I expect. :wink:

With apologies for my blatant trolling...
"Forewarned is forearmed"
CJS

Postby frank on Tue 09 May 2017, 2:11 pm

Come on Chris, let sleeping dogs lie and all that stuff. No need to provoke someone please.
frank

Postby CJS on Tue 09 May 2017, 2:24 pm

frank wrote:Come on Chris, let sleeping dogs lie and all that stuff. No need to provoke someone please.

Oh I just wondered if s/he would bite. You're right of course, it's very petty :tongue:

I'll stop now
CJS

Postby n0143773 on Tue 09 May 2017, 2:46 pm

CJS wrote:
frank wrote:Come on Chris, let sleeping dogs lie and all that stuff. No need to provoke someone please.

Oh I just wondered if s/he would bite. You're right of course, it's very petty :tongue:

I'll stop now

I'm still here. However, this 'airshow' has no link to RAF Waddington, or the RAF at all really, and so I have nothing meaningful to add. You'll have to rely on the retired Squadron Leader and his team of civilians I'm afraid. I'm glad we found a role for them. Nobody likes to see people out of work. Having said that - I'll be sure to bring you the first news of Waddington's role in accommodating display acts.
n0143773

Postby CJS on Tue 09 May 2017, 7:11 pm

Yes yes, but you said...oh nevermind. :-P

Look forward to the 'direct from Waddington' updates when you've got them to share. :-)
CJS

Postby RAF4EVER on Tue 09 May 2017, 7:55 pm

Do not feed the troll.
RAF4EVER

Postby CJS on Tue 09 May 2017, 7:56 pm

I know, sometimes it's fun though :-)
CJS