RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

For any UK event that does not have its own forum
BossMann

Re: RAF Scampton Air Show 2017

Post by BossMann »

Slovak Mig 29 Fulcrum demo also going to Sanicole ..... They already had the Polish Mig 29 displaying.... Well done to them on another great addition.

Great to see the Sanicole team still working hard to get foreign military assets for their airshow despite having so many already.

I hope the guys at DBH can also announce something soon for Scampton, almost feels like after RIAT they have given up. I don't know how Scampton is going to handle clashing with the Belgian Air Force Air Days next year ....

craig.mason

Post by craig.mason »

Scampton have released a list of traders who will be at the airshow
Traders and Exhibitors
http://scamptonairshow.com/airshow/visi ... exhibitors
Canon 550D
EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM

john001

Post by john001 »

At last a decent update - face painting and wood burning stoves makes this worth every penny.

vulcan558

Post by vulcan558 »

BossMann wrote:Slovak Mig 29 Fulcrum demo also going to Sanicole ..... They already had the Polish Mig 29 displaying.... Well done to them on another great addition.

Great to see the Sanicole team still working hard to get foreign military assets for their airshow despite having so many already.

I hope the guys at DBH can also announce something soon for Scampton, almost feels like after RIAT they have given up. I don't know how Scampton is going to handle clashing with the Belgian Air Force Air Days next year ....

What is the flying and static list for Sanicole airshow and the Admission price.
Then compare it to Scamptons airshow.

Chris G

Post by Chris G »

craig.mason wrote:Scampton have released a list of traders who will be at the airshow
Traders and Exhibitors
http://scamptonairshow.com/airshow/visi ... exhibitors

To be blunt who cares, what we want are aircraft updates, not this rubbish!

BossMann

Post by BossMann »

Taken from article http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/ ... ned-276748
"The station is hosting five hours of flying displays and highlights include the Red Arrows, four Spitfires and the Lancaster from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, the RAF Falcons parachute display team, three F-16 Fighting Falcons, the Breiting Wingwalkers aerobatic team, Typhoons, and the Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress Sally B, which starred in the film Memphis Belle.

The F-4F Phantom, Su-22M-4, Buccaneer S2B and the Hunter Mk.58, which won't be seen anywhere else in the world, are among the stars of the static displays. In total, more than 100 aircraft are taking part in the show."

3 F16s in the flying display? - last time I checked it was only the Belgian demo( Zeus and Soloturk going to Sanicole)?? Typhoons (is the Austrian/ Spanish/ BAE demo coming too?)?

Interestingly a photo from half-way down the article has the airshow director standing behind a poster of the 'scampton airshow' which clearly shows the Patrouille the France and Polish Team Orlik - sadly neither are coming to the show..

XX752

Post by XX752 »

BossMann wrote:Taken from article http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/ ... ned-276748
"The station is hosting five hours of flying displays and highlights include the Red Arrows, four Spitfires and the Lancaster from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, the RAF Falcons parachute display team, three F-16 Fighting Falcons, the Breiting Wingwalkers aerobatic team, Typhoons, and the Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress Sally B, which starred in the film Memphis Belle.

The F-4F Phantom, Su-22M-4, Buccaneer S2B and the Hunter Mk.58, which won't be seen anywhere else in the world, are among the stars of the static displays. In total, more than 100 aircraft are taking part in the show."

3 F16s in the flying display? - last time I checked it was only the Belgian demo( Zeus and Soloturk going to Sanicole)?? Typhoons (is the Austrian/ Spanish/ BAE demo coming too?)?

Interestingly a photo from half-way down the article has the airshow director standing behind a poster of the 'scampton airshow' which clearly shows the Patrouille the France and Polish Team Orlik - sadly neither are coming to the show..

Clearly they are counting static aircraft as taking part in the show.

st24

Post by st24 »

john001 wrote:At last a decent update - face painting and wood burning stoves makes this worth every penny.

Could be worse, could be face burning and wood painting...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

CJS

Post by CJS »

To be fair though, the static aircraft are part of the show aren't they. :-)
Buy the sky and sell the sky and lift your arms up to the sky and ask the sky"

trebleone
UKAR Supporter

Post by trebleone »

I don't know when it was updated, but I've just noticed some changes on the showground map - in addition to the new "Flightline Garden", next to the grandstand, there's also another enclosure appeared to the right of the "Lincolnishire Garden", labelled as the "West Lindsey District Council Enclosure" (I wonder who that could be for?) ...... and what was previously labelled as the "Activity Zone" has now become a fairground.

Also, something about the scale at the top doesn't seem right - showing what appears to be roughly the centre of the crowdline to the 'enclosure car park', just to the right of the green entrance, as 1.5 miles or a 25 minute walk, whereas measuring on google earth, from the green entry to the grandstand, I reckon the total crowdline to be no more than 0.6 miles.

pb643

Post by pb643 »

trebleone wrote:Also, something about the scale at the top doesn't seem right - showing what appears to be roughly the centre of the crowdline to the 'enclosure car park', just to the right of the green entrance, as 1.5 miles or a 25 minute walk, whereas measuring on google earth, from the green entry to the grandstand, I reckon the total crowdline to be no more than 0.6 miles.

I would agree, the complete crowdline from the green entrance to the flightline grandstand appears to be around 850-900m (just over half a mile) If measured on google maps.

john001

Post by john001 »

Scraping the barrel with this one:

New Carrier Shines Light on Scampton Heritage
The arrival of Britain's new aircraft carrier, HMS Queen Elizabeth in Portsmouth this morning, heralds the start of a new era for the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force.
In the not-too-distant future, The F-35 Lightning II will enter service with both Air Arms and will be a fixture of British naval aviation for the foreseeable future.
Bringing the F-35 into operational service will be No. 617 Squadron, based at RAF Marham. The 'Dambusters', as they are known from their daring raid to bomb German dams in 1943, were stationed at RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire, home to our parent charity's new airshow on 9-10 September.

clearstone

Post by clearstone »

An opportunity to announce Royal Navy and Joint Helicopter Command participation passes by then! :lol:

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Can't a hunter, buck and F-4 be seen elsewhere in the uk?

By the way I know the answer, it seems others who print that cr ap, don't.
Got to love Russianhardware

BossMann

Post by BossMann »

clearstone wrote:An opportunity to announce Royal Navy and Joint Helicopter Command participation passes by then! :lol:

Here's hoping for anything but they are running out of time with this one

the press releases about traders etc don't help, it is an airshow after all not a car boot sale...

With just over 3 weeks to go the DBH team are running out of time to add stuff, said that RIAT added the Su27 in the week before the show so its possible??!!

RIATAirOps - is there realistically anything more that we can expect at Scampton?

HeyfordDave111

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Latest press release...... (made up obviously).........

'Quite a few airmen and women have dogs and coincidentally scampton has a buried one with a link to the dambusters'
Got to love Russianhardware

BossMann

Post by BossMann »

john001 wrote:Scraping the barrel with this one:

New Carrier Shines Light on Scampton Heritage
The arrival of Britain's new aircraft carrier, HMS Queen Elizabeth in Portsmouth this morning, heralds the start of a new era for the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force.
In the not-too-distant future, The F-35 Lightning II will enter service with both Air Arms and will be a fixture of British naval aviation for the foreseeable future.
Bringing the F-35 into operational service will be No. 617 Squadron, based at RAF Marham. The 'Dambusters', as they are known from their daring raid to bomb German dams in 1943, were stationed at RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire, home to our parent charity's new airshow on 9-10 September.

HeyfordDave111 wrote:Latest press release...... (made up obviously).........

'Quite a few airmen and women have dogs and coincidentally scampton has a buried one with a link to the dambusters'

Exactly - the PR team at Scampton are trying to link everything they can with scampton, without announcing any new flying displays! they could take this opportunity as mentioned above to announce a flypast or role demo to commemorate the new aircraft carrier

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

Two of the worst press releases ever in the name of a desperate to add anything else airshow? :dizzy: :dunno:

Waddington used to attract a range of local based interesting civil aircraft, at least this could fill the static a bit more, Austers, Hiller, ex Italian SF260, Alcyon, Broussard, Chipmunks, Gazelle, Jungmeister, Tiger Moths etc etc, all welcome. Scampton just seems to be like an overpriced bad smell. :sick:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

Certainly looks like they're targeting families rather than enthusiasts which is fair enough, I just feel sorry for enthusiasts that have pre-ordered tickets expecting something other than a seaside style show.

BossMann

Post by BossMann »

capercaillie wrote:Two of the worst press releases ever in the name of a desperate to add anything else airshow? :dizzy: :dunno:

Waddington used to attract a range of local based interesting civil aircraft, at least this could fill the static a bit more, Austers, Hiller, ex Italian SF260, Alcyon, Broussard, Chipmunks, Gazelle, Jungmeister, Tiger Moths etc etc, all welcome. Scampton just seems to be like an overpriced bad smell. :sick:

Agree

jalfrezi wrote:Certainly looks like they're targeting families rather than enthusiasts which is fair enough, I just feel sorry for enthusiasts that have pre-ordered tickets expecting something other than a seaside style show.

Even if they are targeting families - do they really care about the list of trade stalls? the press releases are bizarre

They have managed to sell loads of enclosure tickets ...

Talldan76
UKAR Staff

Post by Talldan76 »

So, it looks as though there are 18 aircraft in the flying display - which is 5 hours long.

Approx 3.5 displays per hour ATM, so either they are going to be very long displays, or there is going to be a lot of dead time. (wonder if they are allowing a couple of hours for the Falcons to reach jump height??)

One would hope that there is going to a monster update of participants.

At the moment, I am very glad that I haven't bought tickets to it.

AngryAndyPandy

Post by AngryAndyPandy »

I've heard a sentry could appear in the flying display? Can anyone shed any light?

BossMann

Post by BossMann »

AngryAndyPandy wrote:I've heard a sentry could appear in the flying display? Can anyone shed any light?

The 'old' Waddington airshow used to open with the station flypast of Sentry/ Sentinel and RC135 so I would have hoped that this was going to be repeated as a 'handover ceremony' from Waddington to Scampton, but this has never been mentioned before

in 2012 Waddington also managed to get a solo display from the Sentry too....

XP282

Post by XP282 »

capercaillie wrote:Two of the worst press releases ever in the name of a desperate to add anything else airshow? :dizzy: :dunno:

Hahaha... The grief I got on this forum for arranging Austers to go to Waddington airshow...

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

XP282 wrote:

Hahaha... The grief I got on this forum for arranging Austers to go to Waddington airshow...

Always a welcome sight, we always used to hope the RAE Radio Flight one was in the mix. :up: Far more interesting than another unmarked Typhoon or F-16 sat in the static longing to be put back into squadron markings and re-establish its identity.
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/