Scampton Airshow 2018

Re: Scampton Airshow 2018

Postby Finningley Boy on Tue 07 Nov 2017, 8:59 pm

Flightline UK 2018 are specifically listing the event as 'to be confirmed'. The burning question is, how come its gone from being confidently advertised in this year's programme and, indeed, on Flightline UK including a features listing to being taken off the features page and listed as TBC?

FB
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!
Finningley Boy

Postby Stagger2 on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 12:13 pm

Just maybe......it's the date of the event to be confirmed??
It would be much better to move it back a week NOW!.. to avoid the disappointment of limited overseas flying participation again. Going head to head with the Belgian Air Days at Kleine Brogel and the 100th anniversary of Czechoslovak air force at the Czech International Air Fest on 8/9th September will be a 3-way clash with an obvious casualty? :facepalm:
Stagger2

Postby Chrisse on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 3:06 pm

Stagger2 wrote:Just maybe......it's the date of the event to be confirmed??
It would be much better to move it back a week NOW!.. to avoid the disappointment of limited overseas flying participation again. Going head to head with the Belgian Air Days at Kleine Brogel and the 100th anniversary of Czechoslovak air force at the Czech International Air Fest on 8/9th September will be a 3-way clash with an obvious casualty? :facepalm:

The official 100 anniversary show of the Czech air force is a week later ;) CIAF has only chosen that as a theme, just like I suppose any other Czech show next year. NATO days Ostrava is the official celebration.
Chrisse

Postby Finningley Boy on Mon 13 Nov 2017, 3:51 pm

I was thinking they may bring the dates forward so it only clashes with Bournemouth and Prestwick/Troon, which shouldn't place any competition on Scampton except in trying to secure the Blades and Wing Walkers etc and further they should still have access to the Lincoln Uni's extended hospitality while the snowflakes are off on holiday at T in the Park or whatever it is. I put this to the Lady who responded to my query earlier, having told me nothing interesting 'Thank you for your interest in Scampton Airshow, a decision will be made soon check our website for updates' she responded to my point about the dates by saying she knew nothing about the show, as if it was nothing to do with her, and I should continue to check the website for updates and so on an on. No insight such as, a decision on a possible change of dates has now to be agreed or sponsorship etc, just the usual secrecy, cloak and dagger nonsense! I suspect people in these jobs think any such detail cold be harmful in the wrong heads :roll:

Anyway, lets hope all is well! :cuppa:

FB :biggrin:
Finningley Boy

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 10:34 am

Why not just wait for the announcement FB? its barely two months after the event, the organisers need to draw a conclusion on how successful it was and whether to do it again, as is sound business sense. If its confirmed for its previously published dates we'll soon find out. As we will if its confirmed for some other date. Or if its not to return. And when whichever of those three announcements is made, I'm sure there'll be an explanation.

Personally, I hope it comes back and becomes established. I can also see how it must be difficult to make much money from a relatively small crowd capacity. My fingers are crossed for them.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Postby Finningley Boy on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 3:24 pm

Wrexham,

They billed next year's air show in this year's programme, announced it was a gut busting success. It was listed as one of the select shows for a running preview/review on Flightline UK. Then in the last couple of weeks, it is no longer in the list of previews/reviews and it is now relegated to 'TBC' It may be nothing but there does appear to be something suddenly amiss about this successful air show. If a 2018 event wasn't listed in the 2017 programme and if it emerged as a 'TBC' from the outset then the direction of travel would be much more encouraging. However, its gone the other way. Another thing I made my query following the uncertainty which has developed quite quickly in the last couple of weeks. The lady responded by saying she knew nothing about the event. Now, fellah, tell me you think that's an adequate response? :cuppa:

Now if I was to be negative, and their are one or two ukarians who see only the empty end of the bottle at the best of times, I'd say this, the organisers have mangled the likelihood of next year's show being the kind of one they really wanted this year to be, but wasn't due to Sanicole attracting all the impressive stuff. The RAF probably will be very poorly represented again in spite of what year and month it'll be and the demand for participating aircraft from other air arms across Europe is going to be harder next time due to it being Klein Brogel and the Czech AF centenary event the same weekend. People were saying beforehand that they should pick another weekend and it has perhaps now dawned on the organisers. Hence, we are where we are, so that's why I've taken what you might call a keen interest in what should be a cracking air show at a hallowed location but has been so bungled through lack of research into when would be the ideal time to stage it, that it is secretly, a flop. I don't want it to be hence my frustration, but we can see why, it is summed up by the comment from the Lady responding to my query! :dunno:

Finningley Boy

Postby jalfrezi on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 3:53 pm

Finningley Boy wrote:
Now if I was to be negative, and their are one or two ukarians who see only the empty end of the bottle at the best of times, I'd say this, the organisers have mangled the likelihood of next year's show being the kind of one they really wanted this year to be, but wasn't due to Sanicole attracting all the impressive stuff. The RAF probably will be very poorly represented again in spite of what year and month it'll be and the demand for participating aircraft from other air arms across Europe is going to be harder next time due to it being Klein Brogel and the Czech AF centenary event the same weekend. People were saying beforehand that they should pick another weekend and it has perhaps now dawned on the organisers. Hence, we are where we are, so that's why I've taken what you might call a keen interest in what should be a cracking air show at a hallowed location but has been so bungled through lack of research into when would be the ideal time to stage it, that it is secretly, a flop. I don't want it to be hence my frustration, but we can see why, it is summed up by the comment from the Lady responding to my query! :dunno:

Unfortunately FB you are coming across as negative, saying 'I'd say this' doesn't make your statement any less negative. Just two weeks ago you were saying there's too much speculating on UKAR, but now you're speculating and making assumptions on next year's show and the RAF participation. :dizzy:

I sort of understand your frustrations and the problems commented on with this year's show, but it's still only November! Maybe by next February/March we'll have a better idea on what the state of play is with regards to next year's show. Que sera, sera :cuppa:
jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Postby Finningley Boy on Tue 14 Nov 2017, 4:16 pm

Jalfrezi,

You're spot on! :wink: :cuppa:

Finningley Boy

Postby BossMann on Mon 04 Dec 2017, 10:40 am

Anyone have any more information on the future status of the Scampton show?

ScamptonMarketing/ RIATAirOps???
BossMann

Postby Finningley Boy on Thu 07 Dec 2017, 6:50 pm

With the two main UK military airshows next year, neither of them RAF, already listing impressive aircraft, albeit tbc, as I tried to say before, the situation with Scampton is not simply one of wait and see until the Spring, they've yet to you know what and get off the pot over whether they are holding the event or not. Something went amiss between this year's event and the ticker tape success it was lauded as, now an event which was billed as a 100th Anniversary focal point has been a tbc since October. But don't expect to end up any the wiser by contacting 'the organisers'! :cuppa:

Finningley Boy

Previous

Return to Scampton Airshow