Oshkosh 2009

Aviation events in the United States and Canada
AlexC

Oshkosh 2009

Post by AlexC »

Just got back from EAA AirVenture. No problems getting in or out, no bag search. Completely uncluttered crowdline, ie no windbreaks, tents, ladders, and other paraphernalia. Plenty of toilets in all locations, most with handwashing facilities, no waiting in line. Drinking water available free of charge. No litter anywhere. Reasonable priced food in many areas. In short, a very well run event.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Lomcevak26

Re: Oshkosh 2009

Post by Lomcevak26 »

Good to hear Alex. Look forward to seeing any photos you may have taken! :biggrin:

TonyO

Post by TonyO »

AlexC wrote:Just got back from EAA AirVenture. No problems getting in or out, no bag search. Completely uncluttered crowdline, ie no windbreaks, tents, ladders, and other paraphernalia. Plenty of toilets in all locations, most with handwashing facilities, no waiting in line. Drinking water available free of charge. No litter anywhere. Reasonable priced food in many areas. In short, a very well run event.

But filled with spam... :grin:
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Spam??? What's that? :question:

I didn't take any photos...........kidding!!!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Rosemary24

Post by Rosemary24 »

Hi, First time poster. Since I live relatively close to Oshkosh, I thought it would be worthwhile to go to Airventure this year. My Dad and I liked it so much, that we bought a membership right on the spot, so that during the winter, we can visit the museum on the weekends. I'm kicking myself now, as I've lived in Wisconsin for years, and never attended. Next year, I'm hoping to go for more than two days, and I won't go on the last day, Sunday. Most of the static aircraft was gone, and the airshow was over run with very young kids that were doing anything (mostly acting obnoxious and loud), but watching the airshow. But I did get some Roaring Glory Warbirds DVD for a friend of mine, so it wasn't a complete washout of a day. I've also come to understand that the Saturday show is really worthwhile.