Thunder over Michigan

Post by Peelie »

Thunder over Michigan
Anyone going? :smile:
Peelie

Niallxg

Re: Thunder over Michigan

Post by Niallxg »

Sadly not this year. I went to both the 2007 and 2008 shows. Absoutely brilliant event, especially if you make the decision to purchase the "photo pit and tour" tickets, I think that's what they are called. The "tour" ticket gives you early access to the static, so you get nice shots without too many people in the early morning light. Although I'd say they are all sold out by now. You can also arrive early on the Friday morning, no advance purchase necessary, and gain access for the arrivals and practice. Another advantage of the Friday is that you may be lucky to get some freighters knocking about, in 2008 we had a Murray DC-8 spend an hour doing touch and goes in front of us. Nice friendly crowd as well.

Niall

Peelie

Post by Peelie »

Thanks Niall
It is our first time and I have booked the Taxiway Photography Fri, photo tour & pit Sat and a more relaxing Sun in the Bomber Club looking forward to it very much 8 B-17s will be fantastic not to mention the rest.
Peelie

Niallxg

Post by Niallxg »

Peelie,

You're welcome. I'm sure you are going to enjoy the show. If it's any help you can check my flickr page to see some of the shots from 2007 and 2008 to give you a feel of what to expect. Also check out http://www.fencecheck.com - the organisers of the show post regular updates on the forum.

Niall