Airsho '11

Aviation events in the United States and Canada
Disaster Area

Airsho '11

Post by Disaster Area »

As part of my forthcoming trip to the US we will be spending the weekend in Midland, Tx to attend the 2011 CAF airshow.

Having never been before I was wondering if any members have been and could offer some good advice?

Many Thanks

Chris.

Ian A.S.

Re: Airsho '11

Post by Ian A.S. »

Hi Chris, the CAF October Airsho`is held at the Midland Odessa Airport about 20 minutes out of Midland. The CAF show shares the field with the Civil traffic , but the CAF facilities include a separate display runway. Plenty of space , you don`t need to be a Duxford nerd and pile drive poles and six acres of territory protecting canvas screen. It gets mighty hot and most of Texas has not fallen below 100 deg for a month so be prepared - it`s worth it - the light is terrific -you will see what is meant by big sky country!. The aircraft representing the numerous CAF wings are wide and varied and many offer opportunity for paid flights( not cheap , but no E.E.C. Health and Safety obstacles) - they are supplemented by modern front line military a/c - I believe this year includes e.g. A 10`s , B1 and Lone Star F16`s etc.

May well see you there, who can stay away when FIFI flies!

Ensure a plentiful supply of memory cards and sunblock - you are in for a great experience!

Ian A.S.

Peelie

Re: Airsho '11

Post by Peelie »

I go along with Ian a great 2 day show, get there at 7.30 when the gates open and there are some fantastic sunrise photos to be taken especially in the bomber park, I plan to go again this year having been 6 times, have fun.