MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby spellow3010 on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 1:20 pm

The 2019 iteration of the MCAS Miramar Airshow will take place on 27th to 29th September.

Website detail is here -
http://www.miramarairshow.com/air-show-schedule-2019/

Some expected items already listed in both flying and static display. :smile:
User avatar
spellow3010

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby Wrexham Mackem on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 2:04 pm

spellow3010 wrote:Some expected items already listed in both flying and static display. :smile:


I'm not convinced there are, the website still carries the 2018 participants and program, unless I'm misunderstanding it. Some expected items are known of course from other sources, such as the Blue Angels.
its time to kick the tyres and light the fires

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151934326@N08/albums
User avatar
Wrexham Mackem
UKAR Staff

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby spellow3010 on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 2:27 pm

Hmmm... hadn't seen that about 2018. Kind of makes sense being so early in the year. Blue Angels notwithstanding :up:
User avatar
spellow3010

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby boff180 on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 8:47 pm

Yeah, they are the 2018 participants.

Currently known 2019 participants (from Milavia):-

USAF F-16 Demo Team
USMC AV-8B Demo Team
USMC MAGTF Demo
USN Blue Angels
USA Golden Knights
Team Oracle
PT-17
Me
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby spellow3010 on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 10:26 am

boff180 wrote:Yeah, they are the 2018 participants.

Currently known 2019 participants (from Milavia):-

USAF F-16 Demo Team
USMC AV-8B Demo Team
USMC MAGTF Demo
USN Blue Angels
USA Golden Knights
Team Oracle
PT-17
Me


Hopefully see you there :up:
User avatar
spellow3010

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby CJS on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 3:42 pm

Are you (f) or (s) Andy?
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
User avatar
CJS

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby BDL on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 5:13 pm

Is it true that they fly anything not on static over to El Centro for the weekend then bring them back on Monday?
User avatar
BDL

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby boff180 on Mon 04 Feb 2019, 7:57 pm

No.

They're all tightly parked on the next ramp along to the left of the showground.
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby BDL on Tue 05 Feb 2019, 12:19 pm

boff180 wrote:No.

They're all tightly parked on the next ramp along to the left of the showground.


Ah, ok, thanks Andy. May see you out there all being well!
User avatar
BDL

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby Badger96 on Sat 02 Mar 2019, 1:29 pm

Looking for some advice re. Miramar; has anybody got any experience of attending the show without having their own car? i.e. is there any shuttle service or public transport options? I would be looking to stay in San Diego...
Thanks! I'm playing with the idea of attending and would be a first overseas show for me from the UK.
Badger96

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby spellow3010 on Mon 04 Mar 2019, 3:17 pm

Badger96 wrote:Looking for some advice re. Miramar; has anybody got any experience of attending the show without having their own car? i.e. is there any shuttle service or public transport options? I would be looking to stay in San Diego...
Thanks! I'm playing with the idea of attending and would be a first overseas show for me from the UK.


Hi Badger96,
the official Miramar Airshow website might be able to answer some of your queries. It's shown in my opening post... There is mention on the website about 'ride sharing,' not sure if this is actual bonafide 'park and ride' as we know it here. Most likely not... Not expecting to see much website update for this show much before June, but might be work a regular eye.

This will be my second oversees show (doing Lemoore the previous weekend as well) - unless Daks Over Normandy counts as an actual show. Good luck with the trip otherwise :up: :smile:
User avatar
spellow3010

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby Badger96 on Mon 04 Mar 2019, 6:52 pm

spellow3010 wrote:
Badger96 wrote:Looking for some advice re. Miramar; has anybody got any experience of attending the show without having their own car? i.e. is there any shuttle service or public transport options? I would be looking to stay in San Diego...
Thanks! I'm playing with the idea of attending and would be a first overseas show for me from the UK.


Hi Badger96,
the official Miramar Airshow website might be able to answer some of your queries. It's shown in my opening post... There is mention on the website about 'ride sharing,' not sure if this is actual bonafide 'park and ride' as we know it here. Most likely not... Not expecting to see much website update for this show much before June, but might be work a regular eye.

This will be my second oversees show (doing Lemoore the previous weekend as well) - unless Daks Over Normandy counts as an actual show. Good luck with the trip otherwise :up: :smile:


Thanks for the reply :up:
Badger96

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby NTG1610 on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 10:30 am

boff180 wrote:No.

They're all tightly parked on the next ramp along to the left of the showground.


The F-18s https://www.flickr.com/photos/52287882@N05/31644595278

yes but the MV-22/CH-53 etc are all down to the right(or locked away/elsewhere) and not visible(assuming you mean when facing the runway)

Some based MV-22/CH-53 are parked in front of the car park https://www.flickr.com/photos/52287882@N05/31464479478

and the MAGTAF flying items are just to the right of the car park
NTG1610

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby NTG1610 on Wed 06 Mar 2019, 10:35 am

Badger96 wrote:
spellow3010 wrote:
Badger96 wrote:Looking for some advice re. Miramar; has anybody got any experience of attending the show without having their own car? i.e. is there any shuttle service or public transport options? I would be looking to stay in San Diego...
Thanks! I'm playing with the idea of attending and would be a first overseas show for me from the UK.


Hi Badger96,
the official Miramar Airshow website might be able to answer some of your queries. It's shown in my opening post... There is mention on the website about 'ride sharing,' not sure if this is actual bonafide 'park and ride' as we know it here. Most likely not... Not expecting to see much website update for this show much before June, but might be work a regular eye.

This will be my second oversees show (doing Lemoore the previous weekend as well) - unless Daks Over Normandy counts as an actual show. Good luck with the trip otherwise :up: :smile:


Thanks for the reply :up:


There are various bus/train combination options shown on google maps, as example departing USS Midway museum at 7am gets you to the industrial area opposite the base about 09.30 . you will then need to walk.
1 train/1 bus it does give other options
NTG1610


Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby spellow3010 on Mon 20 May 2019, 7:59 am

Hoping there might be a joint flypast with both Reds and Blue Angels... :love:

:icecream:
User avatar
spellow3010

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby boff180 on Thu 23 May 2019, 10:09 pm

Just spotted the Fire Fighting demo will include a Skycrane :clap:
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby spellow3010 on Fri 24 May 2019, 7:33 am

boff180 wrote:Just spotted the Fire Fighting demo will include a Skycrane :clap:


Never seen a Skycrane, so I'll have to make sure that Mr Grant hasn't got me traipsing around the static when that is on.

Currently, looks like the Blue Angels follow the Red Arrows every day to close the show. Adds a little weight to my wish for a joint flypast as the two acts swap over the sky-time. :up:

I'm curious about the jet-truck as well... I've seen a jet car and a jet camper van (Santa Pod last Sunday), but will look forward to the curiosity of a jet truck as well - though the MAGTF (sp) is high on my 'to view' list at this show. I liked the sound of the warbirds with pyrotechnics as well. Looking forward to this show now.
User avatar
spellow3010

Re: MCAS Miramar Airshow 27-29 September 2019

Postby BDL on Tue 11 Jun 2019, 11:57 am

boff180 wrote:Just spotted the Fire Fighting demo will include a Skycrane :clap:


Ooh - Nice! Saw one a few years back but didnt have a camera handy. Something different!
User avatar
BDL


Return to North American Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest