MAKS 2017

Re: MAKS 2017

Postby Wissam24 on Fri 20 Jan 2017, 3:20 pm

I spent about a month learning Cyrillic before I went out, reading things just to learn the letters. It came in useful. Since then I've actually taken up learning Russian because it was enjoyable to learn!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Ми-14/171Ш Flight Crew. Су-27 Flanker pilot. Host of the UKAR Party Plane
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby Skyflash on Fri 20 Jan 2017, 3:28 pm

Don't get me wrong, I have done (and will continue to do) numerous aviation trips to foreign climes under my own steam, indeed the only time I have ever deviated from this was when I went to Oshkosh last summer with Ian Allan. As terrific as IA are, I much prefer the flexibility of being able to go off and do my own thing, especially at night once the flying is done for the day.

However, I don't think I'm being too much of a wuss to suggest that Russia is a somewhat different kettle of fish...? I'm sure it is do-able, absolutely, but the prospect is rather more daunting than arranging a 3-day jaunt to Zeltweg or Kleine Brogel.

Anyway the man zigzag and I are now discussing the possibility of buddying up so this may well happen... watch this space! :smile:
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
Skyflash

Postby spaceward on Mon 23 Jan 2017, 7:41 am

Bugger ! And I've only just booked my flights with Aeroflot for the August dates !
I've just read this posting on the official Aviasalon site.......

On the preparation of the MAKS-2017
January 18, 2017
The International Aviation and Space Salon "MAKS-2017" will be held in 2017 in the traditional place for him - the suburban town of Zhukovsky.

JSC "Air Show" (organizer of MAKS-2017) operates in accordance with the Agreement with the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation (Organizer MAKS-2017) for the preparation and holding of the International Aviation and Space Show in Zhukovsky.

JSC "Air Show" does not have official documents and information on the transfer of air show in Kubinka and is working on the preparation and holding of the MAKS-2017 at the airfield LII. MM Gromova.

Apologies for the translation.
spaceward

MAKS 2017 Date update

Postby spaceward on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 9:05 pm

I have just recieved a reply from the Exhibition Manager - Foreign Exhibitors at Aviasalon regarding my questions about the dates being moved for this years MAKS Show .......

Dear Sir,
Yes, AVIASALON JSC, as the executive directorate of MAKS 2017, has got the official letter from the RF governemtal structures for shifting MAKS dates to July 18 – 23.

BUT until we get the confirming RF governmental decree (in February) we cannot publish new dates in the official website .

It was done in the middle of January !!!

Just thought I'd let folks know that it looks certain that the dates are now changed to July.
spaceward

Postby tmattias on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 7:50 am

How does it work with public transportation for photographing the show from the outside. From my uderstanding standing on the south side across the river is the best place to photograph from. Is it generally croweded there during the showdays/tradedays?

Have anyone experienced any problem walking around with a backback full of photo gear? Also going onto the showground during tradedays with a photo backpack?
tmattias

Postby Grunt087 on Wed 01 Feb 2017, 12:01 pm

Public Transport could be a problem getting to the river side of the airfield near the tower. The train goes to the opposite side of the base. I went there with Ian Allen. We spent one day inside for static display and airshow and one day on a river boat near the tower. I had the tour company hire me a car and driver for the third day to drive me to the riverside for around 140 Euros if I remember right. He parked the car and I had to walk to the river. He waited there all day and then drove me back to Moscow. I did not see any Taxi's or buses in the area. Inside the airshow the crowds are bad and there are 6 foot tall fences for most of the crowd lines. You also shoot into the sun most of the day. Watching the show from the river or tower side is much better. You have the light behind you and the planes fly very low right over you since they don't have minimum alt limits outside of the airfield. All the good pictures on here are from the river or tower side. Look on Google Earth across from the tower is a brown field with some boats docked there. A lot of people watched from that area. If you like Russian aircraft this is the airshow to go to. If you go inside the show they have a security check with metal detectors. The guards have you open your bag and search it . It helps to keep your kit down to a minimum and don't bring pocket knives. Outside the show back packs are not a problem.
Grunt087

Postby Sall on Wed 08 Feb 2017, 5:29 pm

So, looks like date is official!
http://www.aviasalon.com/en
Sall

Postby Sall on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 10:46 pm

Русские Витязи are practicing for MAKS 2017 on new Su-30SM. :yahoo:

Sall

Postby spaceward on Sat 04 Mar 2017, 6:12 pm

Flights booked , Hotel booked , Visa Application filled in and printed ready for VFS processing. I' m really looking forward to what will hopefully be another fantastic trip to Moscow and MAKS in it's earlier slot of July. I'm planning on visiting the show on 2 of the trade days as I found the public days were absolutely rammed making the queuing on entry a nightmare along with trying to get around the Halls and static line up near impossible.
Has anyone on here got anything booked up for themselves or with a Tour group ?
spaceward

Postby jalfrezi on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 3:11 pm

spaceward wrote:Flights booked , Hotel booked , Visa Application filled in and printed ready for VFS processing. I' m really looking forward to what will hopefully be another fantastic trip to Moscow and MAKS in it's earlier slot of July. I'm planning on visiting the show on 2 of the trade days as I found the public days were absolutely rammed making the queuing on entry a nightmare along with trying to get around the Halls and static line up near impossible.
Has anyone on here got anything booked up for themselves or with a Tour group ?

I'm booked to go with Ian Allan Travel, looking forward to it! :yahoo:
jalfrezi

Postby Tommy on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 8:47 pm

jalfrezi wrote:I'm booked to go with Ian Allan Travel, looking forward to it! :yahoo:

Sam and I did the same trip with them in 2015 - decent trip, and great not to have to worry about anything.

Watching the flying display from the barge on the river is something else! :hypno: :hypno: :rock:

Enjoy it! :up:
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby jalfrezi on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 10:13 am

Tommy wrote:Sam and I did the same trip with them in 2015 - decent trip, and great not to have to worry about anything.

Watching the flying display from the barge on the river is something else! :hypno: :hypno: :rock:

Enjoy it! :up:

Thanks Tommy, I'm off to Army 2017 as well, so I'll certainly get my fill of Russian hardware this year! :rock: :cool:
jalfrezi

Previous

Return to Worldwide Events