MAKS 2017

Re: MAKS 2017

Postby Skyflash on Mon 10 Jul 2017, 10:12 am

spaceward wrote:"Just got my Visa confirmed ". Bloody hell nothing like leaving it to the last minute ? I must say I'd be changing me pants on an hourly basis if I still hadn't had my Visa by at least 2 months ago but then my Wife says I always worry to much.
Can I ask, are you on a tour or DIY ? I'm DIY ing it myself with my Sister and so far we've bought 2 trade day tickets and are hoping to get around quite a few Aviation related museums during our stay.
I've had an email from Aviasalon confirming that my Press Application has been accepted and authorised which is a first but no idea what,if anything it allows me to do anymore than a normal day pass. Maybe a free coffee in the Press tent ? Anyone on here ever had Press Accreditation ?

DIY, meeting up with a couple of other worthies from the forum. No press accreditation for me, the plan at the moment is to spend a day on-base (probably Wednesday) then spend the next three days outside. Can't wait... getting properly excited now!

I wasn't too concerned about my Visa, I knew there wasn't going to be a problem and the whole process was relatively smooth once I had the 'tourist voucher' thingy confirmed. Plus there's a Russian Visa consular office in Edinburgh which is only a short distance from where I live, nice and handy.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
Skyflash

Postby zigzag on Mon 10 Jul 2017, 10:38 am

Skyflash wrote:DIY, meeting up with a couple of other worthies from the forum.

Now I've been called lots of things but never a worthy, I'm flattered.

I'm looking forward to it too, cant wait. :yahoo:
If you like my posted photos you can find more at my Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
zigzag

Postby f-4 on Mon 10 Jul 2017, 6:25 pm

spaceward wrote:I've had an email from Aviasalon confirming that my Press Application has been accepted and authorised which is a first but no idea what,if anything it allows me to do anymore than a normal day pass. Maybe a free coffee in the Press tent ? Anyone on here ever had Press Accreditation ?

Went in '13 and to be honest apart from free entry press ticket was pretty useless unless you spoke Russian. Best images are from outside near the river - I recall there was a 100 euro charge for the 'press stand' south side in the airfield! The coffee wasn't great either...
f-4

Postby Skyflash on Sun 23 Jul 2017, 6:44 am

So, that SU-35... best solo jet demonstration of all time?

It's certainly the best I've ever seen. Absolutely outrageous manoeuvrability. :rock:

We were watching the display from the far bank of the river, and to have that magnificent beast blasting away directly above me is a memory which will stay with me forever.
Posting comments on an aviation-related chatroom, are ya? Looks like it an' all...
Skyflash

Postby zigzag on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 7:12 am

Skyflash wrote:So, that SU-35... best solo jet demonstration of all time?

Quite probably, when you think how high the bar was set with the other displays, the SU-35 stood out even from them.
If you like my posted photos you can find more at my Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/131094099@N08/albums
zigzag

Postby Skyflash on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 9:46 am

Someone has posted a video of it already, looks like it was shot from near where we were standing:

And if anyone can explain what in the name of all hell it's up to at about the 6.35m mark, I'd be most grateful! :grin: :shock:
Skyflash

Postby Wissam24 on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 10:10 am

Russian black magic
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Я люблю самолёты
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 11:05 am

Wow!
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
LN Strike Eagle
Big Cheese Mk.II

Postby Wissam24 on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 11:46 am

I mean the 2015 display was already the best I ever saw, but then this one looks like it's just another level. No other jet can compare!
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Я люблю самолёты
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby Tommy on Mon 24 Jul 2017, 6:05 pm

It's decidedly un-Newtonian. It's like the Rich Goodwin of multi-role combat aircraft displays.

I recall (as will Sam) our guide in Russia when we went in 2015, said it was like an invisible child was playing with a toy.

As Sam said, it was monstrous in 2015, but that's literally unbelievable. How on earth can the pilot and/or airframe sustain that?!?! :joystick:
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Postby jalfrezi on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 10:25 am

Tommy wrote:It's decidedly un-Newtonian. It's like the Rich Goodwin of multi-role combat aircraft displays.

That pretty much describes the Su-35 display to a T!

The video really doesn't do the display justice, it was incredible to watch - by far the best jet display I've seen, makes the Raptor display seem pedestrian by comparison.
jalfrezi

Previous

Return to Worldwide Events