Russian Air Force Centenary show

Discuss airshows, exercises and spotter days outside of Europe and North America
Flankerman

Re: Russian Air Force Centenary show

Post by Flankerman »

Ronald Reagan wrote:Has anyone any idea on the static lineup for this?

See the post near the bottom of the first page......

I was speaking to the crew of the Catalina at Farnborough - and they are going to 'Ramenskoye' (Zhukovsky) for the event.

Ken

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Flankerman wrote:

I was speaking to the crew of the Catalina at Farnborough - and they are going to 'Ramenskoye' (Zhukovsky) for the event.

Ken

That's a line up for the flying programme, is it not?

Not seen any static participants listed anywhere. There's bound to be Russian AF aircraft, and now the Catalina on static display!

Ronald Reagan

Post by Ronald Reagan »

Kieran wrote:
Flankerman wrote:

Ken

That's a line up for the flying programme, is it not?

Not seen any static participants listed anywhere. There's bound to be Russian AF aircraft, and now the Catalina on static display!

Thanks for the replies gents. I appreciate it.
Have got a few friends in Moscow, might try and do this on my own with their help. Should be able to get a visa fairly short notice if pay the extra. Is it case of just turning up at the show? Also how easy it is to get to Monino museum from Moscow? Guess a taxi would be a small fortune. If I could just do both days at show and Monino museum I would be happy. Was just wondering about the static, would love to see the flying but the chance of getting up close to some of the jets would be amazing.

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

Well , I made my visits to Farnborough last week and met with a number of contacts I have at various Russian Aviation companies. I also spoke with Mr Andry Fomin and his boss at the Take Off magazine stand.
Basicaly to sum up what I was told regarding the 100th Anniversary Show is " total chaos ". One of the staff I spoke to was saying that it is now a 3 day event over the Friday 10th to Sunday 12th with Friday and Sunday being Public days and the Saturday for Military and Political Delegatons by invitaion only.
This guy may have been confussed thinking that all 3 days were to be held at Zhukovsky rather than Friday at St Petersburg which is what I had been told a while ago but he wasn't the only one to mention that 1 of the days is by invitation only .
On the point made in an earlier post regarding how the show will be staged , maybe even over Moscow due to the naming / titles I was informed back in April that the Saturday show had the title "Legends of World Airforce " and the Sunday is "The Common Sky " so I think maybe things are getting a bit more confussed with things lost in translation.

It seems that there maybe various scenarios......
(A) Friday at St Petersburg , Saturday and Sunday free to general Public at Zhukovsky
(B) Friday at St Petersburg , Saturday by invitation only at Zhukovsky and Sunday free to general Public at Zhukovsky
(C) Friday free to general Public , Saturday by invitation only and Sunday free to general Public all held at Zhukovsky
(D) Saturday and Sunday at Zhukovsky free to general Public
(E) ORGANISED CHAOS FREE FOR ALL !!!!!!???????

As and when I get any more info of any kind I'll get it up on the foum. If anyone else has anything please pass it on to others of us in the dark !!

Ronald Reagan

Post by Ronald Reagan »

spaceward wrote:Well , I made my visits to Farnborough last week and met with a number of contacts I have at various Russian Aviation companies. I also spoke with Mr Andry Fomin and his boss at the Take Off magazine stand.
Basicaly to sum up what I was told regarding the 100th Anniversary Show is " total chaos ". One of the staff I spoke to was saying that it is now a 3 day event over the Friday 10th to Sunday 12th with Friday and Sunday being Public days and the Saturday for Military and Political Delegatons by invitaion only.
This guy may have been confussed thinking that all 3 days were to be held at Zhukovsky rather than Friday at St Petersburg which is what I had been told a while ago but he wasn't the only one to mention that 1 of the days is by invitation only .
On the point made in an earlier post regarding how the show will be staged , maybe even over Moscow due to the naming / titles I was informed back in April that the Saturday show had the title "Legends of World Airforce " and the Sunday is "The Common Sky " so I think maybe things are getting a bit more confussed with things lost in translation.

It seems that there maybe various scenarios......
(A) Friday at St Petersburg , Saturday and Sunday free to general Public at Zhukovsky
(B) Friday at St Petersburg , Saturday by invitation only at Zhukovsky and Sunday free to general Public at Zhukovsky
(C) Friday free to general Public , Saturday by invitation only and Sunday free to general Public all held at Zhukovsky
(D) Saturday and Sunday at Zhukovsky free to general Public
(E) ORGANISED CHAOS FREE FOR ALL !!!!!!???????

As and when I get any more info of any kind I'll get it up on the foum. If anyone else has anything please pass it on to others of us in the dark !!

Thanks Spaceward. Very confusing but kind of you to provide the info.
Any ideas how easy it is to do Monino on ones own and the museum at Kubinka? I may/should have a Russian friend with me. Are these museums where one can just turn up?

nubrawarriors

Post by nubrawarriors »

My understanding is that the St Petersburg event is a conference for visiting chiefs of staff and the local Air Attaches.

Regards Phil

Tim Laurence

Post by Tim Laurence »

Saturday and Sunday is an air show at Zhukovsky. This is where the International display teams are operating from and displaying at. Some of the aircraft listed on the schedule (page 1 of this thread) are operating from other bases like Kubinka, but performing flypasts over Zhukovsky.

There is a 7-8 hour flying display schedule planned, not finalised yet. It would be a logistical and operational nightmare for this all to happen over the city at Red Square. Flypasts maybe, but solo jets and display teams......no.

Tim
@timlaurencephotography

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Tim Laurence wrote:Saturday and Sunday is an air show at Zhukovsky. This is where the International display teams are operating from and displaying at. Some of the aircraft listed on the schedule (page 1 of this thread) are operating from other bases like Kubinka, but performing flypasts over Zhukovsky.

There is a 7-8 hour flying display schedule planned, not finalised yet. It would be a logistical and operational nightmare for this all to happen over the city at Red Square. Flypasts maybe, but solo jets and display teams......no.

Tim

Do you happen to know if any more aircraft, not on the schedule posted on the first page of this thread, are turning up?

Flankerman

Post by Flankerman »

Tim Laurence wrote:Saturday and Sunday is an air show at Zhukovsky. This is where the International display teams are operating from and displaying at.
Tim

I was about to post...."If you look at the Red Arrows display dates page it shows them at Chkalovskaya on Aug 11/12"......

But I've just re-visited - and it has changed and now just says 'Moscow Russia'. - and I think the same is true for Frecce Tricolori etc....

Chkalovskaya would makes sense - it's a military base a few minutes flying time from Zhukovsky and is where the Rusiian Knights and Strizhi decant to from Kubinka during the MAKS shows.

But things might have changed and the Aero teams are now being housed at Zhukovsky..... (the Frecce and Patrouille de France were based at Zhukovsky during previous MAKS's).

As they used to say on *Rowan & Martin's Laugh In ...... "Vairy Eeeenteresteeeng"

Ken (Looking forward to it)

* For those of you old enough !!

spaceward

Post by spaceward »

I think I'm going to go for the 2 day Airshow at Zhukovsky, free for general public scenario and just hope for the best. The last time I visited MAKS on a public day back in 2005 I nearly crapped myself at seeing soooooooooooooooooo many people in 1 place at the same time. Looking out from the Grandstand it looked like a see of ants so what a free show will be like I dread to think !

As for visiting Monino on your own , I went back in 2010 with a Rusian guy I know who used to live in Moscow and he had to sort out some paperwork for me in advance but we didn't have any trouble on arrival as he used to be a volunteer at the Museum on the restoration team although I thought the charges for photograph and videoing were very steep . I suppose it's easy money for the Museum. If you do get to Monino try and push for a look at the "dump" a the far left hand side of the Museum as it's very interesting . ( well I thought so ).
Unfortunately he's now moved to the North of the Country to so I can't give you , Ronald Reagan , his details . I would suggest checking out the internet for companies who sort out trips and tours to Monino. I know there is an Aussie company who some friends went with a few years ago and some of the Russian Tourist companies do trips but I don't know about costs but if you do it yourself you're going to have to get a Taxi or Bus ( which runs from opposite the Izhmailovo Hotel Complex No 312 I think ) so take that cost into account along with any "admin" charges.

Keep the info coming in.

Ronald Reagan

Post by Ronald Reagan »

spaceward wrote:I think I'm going to go for the 2 day Airshow at Zhukovsky, free for general public scenario and just hope for the best. The last time I visited MAKS on a public day back in 2005 I nearly crapped myself at seeing soooooooooooooooooo many people in 1 place at the same time. Looking out from the Grandstand it looked like a see of ants so what a free show will be like I dread to think !

As for visiting Monino on your own , I went back in 2010 with a Rusian guy I know who used to live in Moscow and he had to sort out some paperwork for me in advance but we didn't have any trouble on arrival as he used to be a volunteer at the Museum on the restoration team although I thought the charges for photograph and videoing were very steep . I suppose it's easy money for the Museum. If you do get to Monino try and push for a look at the "dump" a the far left hand side of the Museum as it's very interesting . ( well I thought so ).
Unfortunately he's now moved to the North of the Country to so I can't give you , Ronald Reagan , his details . I would suggest checking out the internet for companies who sort out trips and tours to Monino. I know there is an Aussie company who some friends went with a few years ago and some of the Russian Tourist companies do trips but I don't know about costs but if you do it yourself you're going to have to get a Taxi or Bus ( which runs from opposite the Izhmailovo Hotel Complex No 312 I think ) so take that cost into account along with any "admin" charges.

Keep the info coming in.

Thanks. I can see a tour group running trips to Monino from Moscow.
Has anyone else ever used them?
http://www.threewhales.ru/t24.htm

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

There are 11 of us all travelling out on the 10th,back on 13th,including monino prior to airport on monday if you fancy joining,you would need B/A flight on 10th in morning and late afternoon flight back on 13th,and need to book at hotel Maxima Slavia ,pm if Interested.

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

Here's a link to the latest line up posted from scramble: http://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php? ... 1&start=30

11:00 6x Su-25 Flyover
11:01 '100' Flyover- Su-27s, Su-25s, MiG 29s
11:02 HISTORIC AIRCRAFT
13:10 4x Yak 130 Flythrough
13:11 Team Rus (6x L-39)
13:27 Mil Mi-2
13:34 Yakovlev Yak 52
13:41 Kamov Ka-52
13:48 Sukhoi Su-31
13:56 Bomber Flythrough- 3x Tu-22M3, 3x Tu-95MC, 3x Tu-160
14:00 The RAF Red Arrows
14:18 Transport Flythrough- 3x AN-2, AN-26, AN-140, AN-12, AN-70, AN-22, AN-124
14:25 The Latvian Baltic Bees
14:41 Transport Flythrough- L-410, Tu-134, 3x IL-76, IL-80, A-50
14:46 4x MiG 29 Air Battle (?)
14:55 French Rafale
15:03 Berkut Team
15:16 4x Su-24, 4x MiG 31, 4x Su-34
15:19 Mixed Flythrough- Su-34s, Su-24s, Su-27s, MiG 29s
15:19:30 2x MiG 29
15:25 Su-24 and Su-34 Mixed Flypast
15:25:30 Su-34 Solo
15:31 4x Su-27 Air Battle
15:42 PAK FA Sukhoi T-50
15:53 Helicopter Flythrough- Mi-26, Mi-35s, Mi-8s, Ansats
15:55 The Turkish Stars
16:18 Sukhoi Su-30MK
16:30 Bialo Czerwone Iskry
16:48 MiG 29M OVT
17:00 The Midnight Hawks
17:18 Mi-28
17:30 Israeli F-15C/D/I
17:40 Il Frecce Tricolori
18:12 The Russian Knights and the Swifts
18:29 '100' Flythrough
18:30 6x Su-25 Flythrough
18:35 AN-28, L-410 Flythrough

:yahoo: :drool: :yahoo:

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

OK I suppose, no B-1 though. :sad:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

Mictheslik

Post by Mictheslik »

If all that lot turn up I'll be really gutted I didn't sort tickets out a couple of months back :(

.mic
Mictheslik Aviation Photography

Remember when we went to Payerne on that Wednesday?

Ronald Reagan

Post by Ronald Reagan »

AARDVARK wrote:There are 11 of us all travelling out on the 10th,back on 13th,including monino prior to airport on monday if you fancy joining,you would need B/A flight on 10th in morning and late afternoon flight back on 13th,and need to book at hotel Maxima Slavia ,pm if Interested.

Thanks AARDVARK, I really appreciate the offer. I shall have a think tonight about my options and let you know.

st24

Post by st24 »

Reds, Iskry, Turkish Stars, Finnish Hawks, man what a show!!! :whistle: :tongue:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

st24 wrote:Reds, Iskry, Turkish Stars, Finnish Hawks, man what a show!!! :whistle: :tongue:

What about the Israeli F15 and all the Russian stuff,is that exciting enough for you? :cool:

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

Great list, but but for what price? It will rain buckets, and you get all arrested! :clown:

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Eizo wrote:Great list, but but for what price? It will rain buckets, and you get all arrested! :clown:

Well weather is just what it is,can't do anything about this,if you tock this stance then you wouldn't do anything ever would you!
Why would we get arrested at an airshow with thousands of other spectators? :cool:

DeanW

Post by DeanW »

Eizo wrote:Great list, but but for what price? It will rain buckets, and you get all arrested! :clown:

Is there a biggest pessimist on UKAR than Eizo?!

Eizo

Post by Eizo »

DeanW wrote:

Oh my god! You do not recognize sarcasm don't ya ha? ;) No place for jokes... :whistle:

AARDVARK

Post by AARDVARK »

Eizo wrote:
DeanW wrote:

Oh my god! You do not recognize sarcasm don't ya ha? ;) No place for jokes... :whistle:

Sorry ,you get so many mizogs on hear now you don't know who is joking and who is not,guess that clown should have given it away :clown:

aviodromefriend

Post by aviodromefriend »

DeanW wrote:Is there a biggest pessimist on UKAR than Eizo?!
How you dare to forget RJC1878 from the RIAT weather thread? :loser:
A weather forecast is a forecast and just that

Mike Moses, Launch Integration Manager Space Shuttle Program

flybynight

Post by flybynight »

This may be in Russian but at least it shows that something is happening! This would appear to be the practice for the '100' Flypast.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOWqs2tNvgI[/youtube]