Cosford from the South

Cosford from the South

Postby Private Custard on Mon 15 Jun 2015, 9:55 am

Well, that's that!

After what looked to be the best show of the year on paper, the weather (and tech issues/cancellations) saw fit to spoil things. For me, shooting with a 7D that I'm rapidly losing faith in, the light was basically as bad as it could have been. I hate grey-sky shots, and was tempted to bin almost the entire lot!

I really enjoyed the fast jets.......particularly the Swiss. The Vulcan should have stayed in the hangar!

In no particular order, because I can't be bothered to rearrange them!

Private Custard

Re: Cosford from the South

Postby CJS on Mon 15 Jun 2015, 9:57 am

Very nice shots, the Sea King one is cracking (I might go and delete the one off my post now :grin: )

Thanks for sharing :up:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
CJS

Postby Airwolfhound on Mon 15 Jun 2015, 11:34 am

Liking these, particularly the first Chinook shot :clap:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24874528@N04/

Agile, mobile and hostile ;-)
Airwolfhound

Postby stevebrodie on Mon 15 Jun 2015, 11:37 am

Shot 2 is awesome !!, outside field ? Agree about the Vulcan - boring this time :sad:
Viper: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees
stevebrodie

Postby Apron6 on Mon 15 Jun 2015, 1:03 pm

Nice shots. What happened with the Belgian demo F-16?
Apron6

Postby CJS on Mon 15 Jun 2015, 1:05 pm

Who's the passenger in the Red? Normally don't display with the blues inside do they? Not seen that before :joystick:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
CJS

Postby Private Custard on Mon 15 Jun 2015, 1:26 pm

Cheers guys :)

To answer a couple of questions, yep, in the field to the south. As for the passenger, I'm not too sure. I'm not sure if it'd be one of the blues, as I've seen passengers in the reds before, but they weren't wearing a 'proper' helmet with the red arrow. It could have been a blue with a head that's sized just right to use a borrowed one, but I guess we'll never know!
Private Custard

Postby Mfoster on Mon 15 Jun 2015, 5:51 pm

The passenger in the jet could be a candidate for next years Reds who just happens to be able to fit into a Reds helmet
Nikon D5100 Sigma 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 and 18-55mm
Mfoster

Postby zoomer on Mon 15 Jun 2015, 6:52 pm

Considering the light, you got a decent set from the day. Love the Sea King especially - you weren't far from me!

Always frustrating when you look at fast-jet images with grey skies and lots of fluff and think about what might have been with a few minutes of decent light here and there.

Agree about the Vulcan - did I hear someone say said she'd go out on a high for her last year?
Must be saving it up for later.
zoomer

Return to Airshow Photos