2015 - A reflection

2015 - A reflection

Postby Exiler on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 8:43 pm

2015 has been a year of highs and lows for our much loved passed times, we've said our hellos and our goodbyes. 2015, for me, has been a defining season for me. It has changed the way I look at airshows, the in which every little detail plays a huge part in the events unfolding before me. The airshow scene has changed dramatically in a very short period of time and this change has affected everyone involved.
I would like to say thank you to everyone involved at all the shows that I have been to, your work is truly appreciated and your efforts do not got unnoticed. Thank you to all those I have shared this year with, your company has been appreciated.
Below, I have selected a series from each show that I have attend, thank you for taking the time to look.

Duxford's VE Day show

My first airshow of the 2015 season, the weather started a little on the bleak side but improved through out the day. The VE day theme for the show was very apt for the occasion.

Imagemeteor-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imageform-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imagedak-cat-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Shuttleworth's LAA Party in the Park

The weather caught me by surprise at this one, by the end of the day I resembled a beef tomato. The show was excellent, it reminded me of how much I missed Old Warden during the close season.

Imageoptica-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imagecomet-1-5-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imagesh-1-5-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Flying Legends

I'm beginning to loose count of how many Flying Legends I have attended now, but I believe next year will be the magic number 20. This years was one of my favourites, regardless of Sunday's dreadful weather it provided some of the best warbird flying I have seen at Duxford for a long time.

Imageblento-sat-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imagespitsbreak-sat-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Image109-sun-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Shuttleworth Wings and Wheels show

Another beautiful day of weather at the collection. my visit this time was mainly to see the two TVAL machines which now reside at Stow Maries in Essex. We were treated to some excellent close vintage flying at my favourite venue.

Imagealbatross-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imagemewgull-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imagesnipe-1-2-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Damyn's Hall Military Vehicle show

Although a small show you really do get value for money. Not just an airshow you get a lot on the ground with a lot of trade stalls,vehicles and reenactments. Having visited the War and Peace show only a few weeks before this does resemble a similar set up with an airshow. Sally B was the real highlight here, one of best displays I have ever seen in some excellent conditions.

Imagesallyb-1-3-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imagespit-1-6-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imagemg42rew-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Shuttleworth 2015 Pageant

My first show post Shoreham and with this came a slight unease for me. I have witnessed accidents in the past and this was very much at the forefront of my mind, rightly or wrongly. I had thought long and hard about going to this show but decided to trust myself and go. I was right in my choice. Airshows need our support and this show although a little bit sparse and dare I say slightly tamer proved to me that we must continue and move on from Shoreham in the correct way, not forgetting what happened but remembering and learning.

Imagehurricu-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imagebristolsww1-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

ImageDH60-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Duxford's Battle of Britain commemoration

My favourite show of the year. I managed to get hold of a two day ticket for this and it really was an excellent weekend. The flying was absolutely first class and was a fitting way to mark the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain.

Imageredssun-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imagesallybsat-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imagebbmfsat-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imageml407sat-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imagespitspansat-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Church Fenton

The new kid on the block. An excellent display venue with some excellent acts, I can't wait to see what 2016 holds for this venue.

Imageff-1-5-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imagewildcats-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Image558-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Shuttleworth's season finale

Another sunny day at Shuttleworth and a chance to say goodbye to one of the airshow scenes most iconic aircraft. I really thought it rounded of the 2015 season well giving us one last chance to say goodbye and to reflect on the 2015 season.

Imager4118-1-1-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Image558-1-4-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

Imageedwardians-1-2-1 by Stewart Taylor, on Flickr

I hope this has given a glimpse into my 2015 airshow season.

Thank you for looking.
Exiler

Re: 2015 - A reflection

Postby cw318is on Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:48 am

Looks like you had a busy year and some great light.

Fantastic set, but the Spitfire break shot is sublime :smile:
DamienB wrote:Airshows aren't just about sunlit topsides chaps.
cw318is

Return to Airshow Photos