EAA Airventure Oshkosh 2016

EAA Airventure Oshkosh 2016

Postby sovietjet on Tue 29 Nov 2016, 1:00 am

With quite a bit of delay, here is a selection of photos from my visit to Airventure. Even though I live only a couple of hours drive away from Oshkosh, I had never gone to the event prior to this. However, the announcement of the Martin Mars participating was enough to get my attention. I drove up during the Wednesday of the show week. Initially I was debating between Monday and Wednesday, however decided to go Wednesday thinking there will be more to see. I regret this decision a lot now, because the F-4 Phantoms arrived on Monday in golden sunset light. In addition, Wednesday turned out to be cloudy for much of the day and even had a rainshower. Although there were some interesting arrivals, I was disappointed that I saw a lot of interesting stuff like the F-86s and MiG-17s landing on the "far" runway instead of doing a pass or two and then landing on the crowdline runway. I suppose they also could've flown more warbirds. There were literally hundreds of them parked on the grass! Or have the F-4s fly during the days they were there, it was their farewell appearance after all. I guess I found the event a little underwhelming, and not at all what I expected given the hype surrounding it every year. Anyway, still was a good time and I got what I came for which was the Martin Mars. On with the photos:

ImageIMG_8659-1FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8636 by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8699FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8703FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8735FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8821FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8867FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8904FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8912FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8922FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8927FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8940FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8954 by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8995FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9001FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9024FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9028FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9054FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_9064FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8426FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8432FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8437FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8452FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8460FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8461FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8494FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8523FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8526FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8529FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8542FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8589FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8601FC by sovietjet, on Flickr

ImageIMG_8614FC by sovietjet, on Flickr
Ivan Voukadinov
sovietjet

Re: EAA Airventure Oshkosh 2016

Postby GeorgeP on Tue 29 Nov 2016, 5:08 am

Some excellent images, Ivan. My favourite is No. 5 and I wish that had gone again last year to see the Martin Mars. If I lived only two hours' drive from Osh (instead of ~15,000km, that's ~9,000 miles), I'd attend every year for the whole week. :smile: Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30699732@N05/albums
GeorgeP

Re: EAA Airventure Oshkosh 2016

Postby AlexC on Tue 29 Nov 2016, 10:39 am

GeorgeP wrote:If I lived only two hours' drive from Osh (instead of ~15,000km, that's ~9,000 miles), I'd attend every year for the whole week.

Likewise, although I'm not sure that I'm as much as 9,000 miles away? And you really do need the whole week to do Oshkosh justice. Cheap to stay at the university albeit a little basic, and buses running all day between the uni and the airfield. Perfect! :smile: Oh just spotted that you're in Oz George, that would explain it!
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Return to Airshow Photos