East Kirkby More Added

East Kirkby More Added

Postby Tonka 617 on Sat 05 Aug 2017, 8:25 pm

A thouroughly enjoyable day at East Kirkby today. Thankfully the weather stayed relatively good throughout the day and some great flying.

A quick few from todays flying.

ImageBristol Blenheim Mk.IF by Michael Hallam, on Flickr
ImageBattle Of Britain Memorial Flight by Michael Hallam, on Flickr
ImageAvro Lancaster I PA474 by Michael Hallam, on Flickr
ImageDSC_1329 by Michael Hallam, on Flickr
ImageHawker Hurricane Mk.I R4118 by Michael Hallam, on Flickr
ImageHawker Hurricane Mk.I R4118 by Michael Hallam, on Flickr
Last edited by Tonka 617 on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonka 617

Re: East Kirkby

Postby Jumbo on Sat 05 Aug 2017, 8:49 pm

A great set. Very nice to see some more unusual angles such as the blenheim banking away. Also the final shot of R4118 is fantastic. I'm surprised TE311 is still in primer, i thought they said it was due to be repainted a few weeks ago?
Jumbo

Postby The Baron on Sat 05 Aug 2017, 9:38 pm

How on earth do you get so much colour in your pictures? Mine look just like shadows.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.
The Baron

Postby Chris G on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 5:46 am

Lovely set of images, looks like a good display.
Kirkbride Airfield, Cumbria, Open Day - Sun 3rd Sept 2017
Chris G

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 10:31 am

I agree with the above, a very nice set with some different angles.

Jumbo wrote: I'm surprised TE311 is still in primer, i thought they said it was due to be repainted a few weeks ago?

I recall reading that the repaint of TE311 was planned in late July after RIAT. I also recall reading in the BBMF 60th Anniversary magazine recently that MK356 was meant to have a desert scheme for the 2017 season.
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Postby Beech18Boy on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 6:43 pm

The new Scheme on 356 is stunning if I knew how to upload photos I'd pop it up.
Beech18Boy

Postby aknott68 on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 8:37 pm

Some wonderful photos there, in particular the first picture of the Blenheim that's quite special.

Does anyone know if the BBMF have decided to keep TE311 in primer all season - seems to have missed a trick not to have this aircraft in one of the post war special colour schemes - I believe there was a pale blue scheme belonging to James Robb that would be an interesting change to other schemes in place within the warbird fraternity..
aknott68

Postby FarnboroJohn on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 9:19 pm

aknott68 wrote:Some wonderful photos there, in particular the first picture of the Blenheim that's quite special.

Does anyone know if the BBMF have decided to keep TE311 in primer all season - seems to have missed a trick not to have this aircraft in one of the post war special colour schemes - I believe there was a pale blue scheme belonging to James Robb that would be an interesting change to other schemes in place within the warbird fraternity..

A bunch of Mk XVIs were painted as Luftwaffe aircraft in 1950 for a Farnborough display featuring a re-enactment of the Amiens Prison raid - now that would be a bit unusual!

John
FarnboroJohn

Re: East Kirkby More Added

Postby steved on Tue 08 Aug 2017, 7:15 am

Brilliant sharp pictures of some iconic aircraft. The Blenheim looks superb. :clap: :clap: :clap:
steved

Return to Airshow Photos