Old Warden - 6th August

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
alisdairanderson

Old Warden - 6th August

Post by alisdairanderson »

A few from yesterday's Old Warden display - different mixture of aircraft to normal, but very enjoyable, and seemed to be lots of happy people! (alongwith most of Biggleswade enjoying a free view of 'The Reds' from their gardens!)

I haven't sorted may have the 'based aircraft yet', but these were some of the visitors...

Cheers,
Alisdair

AlexC

Re: Old Warden - 6th August

Post by AlexC »

Very good! The weather seems to have been quite a bit better then the forecast that I saw. You can never really tell in this country. :sad: Was the Red Arrows cross one of a burst of shots?
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Post by Jakub.Zurek »

The Snipe at tree top level is my favourite from a really nice set :)

alisdairanderson

Post by alisdairanderson »

AlexC wrote:Very good! The weather seems to have been quite a bit better then the forecast that I saw. You can never really tell in this country. :sad: Was the Red Arrows cross one of a burst of shots?

Thanks - the sun was out 50% of the time, but was frustrating at times - when the Red Arrows appeared, I had given up hope of the sunshine, and then it burst out again every few minutes! The passing-shot is fairly cropped, as I have found my best success is to keep one the (left) aircraft towards the edge of the frame, and then you have more warning when the other one appears at the right hand side, at which point hit the button... but it rarely works!!!!! As the images have so many pixels, I don't mind a hefty crop!

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

alisdairanderson wrote:The passing-shot is fairly cropped, as I have found my best success is to keep one the (left) aircraft towards the edge of the frame, and then you have more warning when the other one appears at the right hand side, at which point hit the button... but it rarely works!!!!!

You did well this time! :up:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP