An Aussie's first Flying Legends (2017).

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
GeorgeP

An Aussie's first Flying Legends (2017).

Post by GeorgeP »

G'day all,

after two months' travel through Europe, my better half and I are back in Australia. My attendance at Flying Legends occurred at the beginning of our holiday and without any image-processing capability I could neither process, nor post, any of my FL2017 images. The few that I have processed are attached to this thread and I'll add more as I work my way through them. Many thanks to those forum members who provided info. about FL, particularly Brian Marshall (a.k.a. Pen Pusher).

On our return to London from Portugal, I had also planned to attend the Biggin Hill Arrivals Day that Kev had kindly organised for us, but BA had other ideas. Our flight was cancelled after we sat in the A320 for a couple of hours at Porto and our replacement flight didn't arrive in London until Friday evening. We'll give BA a wide berth on future trips...

Anyhow, enough waffle from me, here are the few images that I have processed. All were taken with a Canon 6D and Series I 100 - 400L. Hope you like 'em and thanks for viewing.

ImageMk Ib Sea Hurricane G-BKTH by GP1961, on Flickr

ImageMk I Hurricane G-HITT by GP1961, on Flickr

ImageMk I Blenheim G-BPIV by GP1961, on Flickr

ImageThree Horsemen by GP1961, on Flickr

ImageMk Ia Spitfire G-CFGJ by GP1961, on Flickr

ImageRacer by GP1961, on Flickr

ImageB-17G Flying Fortress G-BEDF by GP1961, on Flickr

ImageMk 11 Fury G-CBEL by GP1961, on Flickr

ImageMk XVIII Spitfire G-BUOS by GP1961, on Flickr

ImageSpitfire pair by GP1961, on Flickr

ImageHA-1112 M1L Buchon G-AWHK by GP1961, on Flickr

ImageP-51D Mustang G-SHWN by GP1961, on Flickr
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30699732@N05/albums

rob68

Re: An Aussie's first Flying Legends (2017).

Post by rob68 »

Thanks for posting, how do you find UK shows compared to the ones back home?

GeorgeP

Re: An Aussie's first Flying Legends (2017).

Post by GeorgeP »

rob68 wrote:...how do you find UK shows compared to the ones back home?
Thanks for your comments, Rob. The crowd was very light at Duxford which I enjoyed whereas in Australia an equivalent show may attract almost double the attendance. I believe that the organisers of FL limit the number of tickets. Apart from that, the only difference is the number and range of aircraft that participate. In my country, we only have a couple of Spits and a recently imported Hurricane, so seeing a dozen and five of each, respectively, was a treat. Oh, and we have a lot more sunshine in this part of the world. :wink: :lol:
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30699732@N05/albums