Sidmouth Regatta- Red Arrows

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Seamus

Sidmouth Regatta- Red Arrows

Post by Seamus »

Afternoon all,

Took a pleasant trip down to the coast last Friday with a couple of my non-aviation minded friends to watch the Reds open the Sidmouth Regatta, which presented a nice chance to catch them in some stunning evening light that we don't tend to get them perfomring in at the bigger shows. They seemed to go down very well with my friends, who absolutely loved them, and the general public alike; great to see such enthusiasm for them that is often missing within the enthusiast community...

ImageBritish Aerospace Hawk T1A 'The Red Arrows' Royal Air Force Sidmouth 25/08/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageBritish Aerospace Hawk T1A 'The Red Arrows' Royal Air Force Sidmouth 25/08/17 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,

Shaun
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

iaint
UKAR Staff

Re: Sidmouth Regatta- Red Arrows

Post by iaint »

Some utterly stunning photos there Shaun, in some super light. :clap:

The crossover is perfectly caught and first one following after are my favourites of the set.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iainthomson84/

End of Message, End of Broadcast

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

That first shot is sublime... Nice one..

Stagger2

Post by Stagger2 »

Great shots & even better than that, really 'Red' Arrows & not backlit 'black' silhouettes like the entire display at Bournemouth on Saturday! Only your number 7 shot comes close to what we had. There is no way one can compensate for Saturday's full midday sun straight down your lens! The normal saviour is that they appear as the last display, but this years Saturday it was first or nothing due to commitments elsewhere! In reality, even being last probably wouldn't have helped as the afternoon show was all-done by 15:45? :shock:
Well done to you in capturing these in excellent late light. :clap:

tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Post by tommercer »

It's difficult to get excited about Reds shots thanks to Twitter but these sir, are sublime.

Seamus

Post by Seamus »

Thanks very much gents, didn't expect Reds shots to gain too much interest, but I fully appreciate the kind words :clap:
My shots on Flickr and Airliners