Scampton shots

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
jonny7

Scampton shots

Post by jonny7 »

Some of my favourites from Sunday. The Boeing 727 made it for me, what a sight it made...

Image1 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image5 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image6 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image3 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image8 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image9 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image10 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image7 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Reds gave a great display, despite being in the murk of the day...
Don't say something crass, to hide your envy. Just give credit, when its applicable...

jonny7

Re: Scampton shots

Post by jonny7 »

Due to an overwhelming response to this post :butt: :lol: a few more from the day.My only moan from the day was the park and ride saga!. At the tender age of 66 and not as fit as I'd like, I just about coped with the bussing in journey. Leaving the place turned into a nightmare :dizzy: ,.I joined a queue that must have been over 400yards in length and about 8 people wide. This was bad enough but they then came to park and store the Red Hawks, and had to break the "Q" up to do this, that was It, a mass free for all began as many in the "Q "took this as a signal to jump the line!

Arriving back at the parking lot I had totally forgotten my area I dropped the car off(my fault). One hour later after I sought help and a lift on a buggy, I found the car .(Thank-you for that).I advise anyone who has a phone app to record your location ,to do so, or take a photo before you set off. Finally if you have anyone with you ,who may not be in the best of health, a collapsible wheel chair might come in real handy, as the walking can mount up and take its toll.

Image46 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image47 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image45 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image44 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image43 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image40 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image39 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image38 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image27 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image25 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image24 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image23 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image17 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image16 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr

Image18 by John Bilcliffe, on Flickr
Don't say something crass, to hide your envy. Just give credit, when its applicable...

Alpha Delta 210

Post by Alpha Delta 210 »

Thanks for sharing these, John. I really like the oil spill 727 images and the landing Alpha Jet. I would have attended the show, but was put off by the park and ride (not to mention the uninspiring flying display!) Would you go next year if they improved the park and ride?

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

As covered in the review, the park and ride was very smooth for me. I was also in that queue when they put the Reds back in the hangar but noticed nobody jumping ahead - being asked to move 20 yards to the left to clear a path hardly signalled the start of the apocalypse.

The wait for a bus wasn't too long. As we reached the front of the queue they only had upstairs seats left, and lugging two chairs, two camera bags and a picnic hamper, didn't fancy that so asked the attendant and they were happy for us to wait for the next bus. Three of them arrived about a minute later.

I timed it at about 34 minutes from joining the back of the queue (which stretched as far back as the Typhoon sim) to reaching the car. It can take significantly longer than that to get back to the car at RIAT, and that's all on foot.

I had no problem with the park and ride whatsoever. Whilst obviously not ideal, I don't think it could have worked out much better at all than it did.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

jonny7

Post by jonny7 »

Hi Alpha Delta 210 & LN Strike Eagle...Firstly thanks for the good comment on the 727,& Alpha shots and any others that were of interest :smile: . Yes I would attend again AD210, if they did sort out the park and ride ,or even made space on base to make life easier. I'm sure it would bring any cost down also, to find space on base that was safe to use for all the apparent reasons and climate we live in to-day.

I was in the middle of the queue and yes we did move to the right, from my place in the Queue a lot of people who were behind me moved out and a lot of them joined back in further up the Queue. I don't know what your position was in the Q, LN Strike Eagle, but my place was compromised with quite a few people just deciding to go towards the front without waiting, when the Hawks were being pushed in the hangar.

I wonder what your health and age status is compared to mine LN Strike Eagle?, at 66 ,I suffer from chronic arthritis and have an enlarged aneurism, which can restrict my timings as opposed to yours. We all have legs I know, but only a very few can do a 4 minute mile :smile: .Its just an analogy, to highlight the problems some people can have who are sometimes a bit older ,or may just have bad health as a younger show goer. I think in reflection the search for my car (my own fault) made the situation worse, having to stop a lot.

If the situation remained the same next year with the park and ride bit, I think in my case I would skip the show, but would go and do the park and view days. We all, shared the same
day and show on Sunday, but experienced it in our own individual ways in body and mind and memory of it...There were a lot of people there eager and helpful to make the show a success
and I thank them for their efforts :clap: ...Good luck for next years show, I'm certain there will be one.(phew) I hope my explanation can shed some light anyway...