The Battle of Britain Show- Duxford Sunday

The Battle of Britain Show- Duxford Sunday

Postby StuWeston on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 5:27 pm

Hi all,
Getting a full time job has now meant weekends are free for me, so with this new found freedom I decided I would visit Duxford for the September show. Picked the Sunday due to the weather forecast from the week before, and left home in Somerset at 9am (having gone out the night before so didn't fancy the early start!). Reached the car park at around 12:50ish as the Hurricanes were taking off so grabbed my stuff and headed for the crowd line. What followed was an enjoyable afternoons flying, with some excellent acts and formation passes from resident and travelling war birds alike. Say what you will of Duxford and how the show is, I thought it was a cracking airshow. I'd never seen so many Spitfires in one place in my life, so I still feel very privileged to have witnessed the amassed gathering and beat up of the airfield by them; long may this current attitude to warbird restoration and preservation continue in the UK! Only downside to the day was the travelling- spent a total of 9hrs in the car because of traffic and congestion on the major roads there and back, so next time I think an overnight stay either side of the show is in order.
Anyways, here's some of my photos, not the best technically as I struggled with the conditions, but very pleased to have these in my collection as I don't often photograph historic aircraft!

ImageBattle of Britain flypast by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageSeafire Taxi by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImagePolish Spitfire Take off by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageCatalina topside by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageB-17G Sally B by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageDrag-'em-oot by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageCity of Exeter Pilot Spitfire by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageBBMF Lancaster topside by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageSpitfire BM597 flyby by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageFokker Triplane by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageGrumman Wildcat by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageHurricane BE505 take off by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageSpitfire Mk1 landing by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageC-47 L4 take off by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageC-47 Take off by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageHurricane take off by Stu Weston, on Flickr

ImageNorwegian Historic Flight by Stu Weston, on Flickr

That's it for now, thanks very much for looking, and as always, comments are appreciated!
Sony A37
Tamron SP 150-600mm
Somerset.
StuWeston

Return to Airshow Photos