Jersey Air Display 2017

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
james908

Jersey Air Display 2017

Post by james908 »

Evening all,

As it was mentioned in another thread, I thought it was about time I shared some of my pictures from another three days on the Channel Islands.

Some great and unique pulls in terms of the line-up, the Swedish quartet, finally seeing the Alize make it across, plus the Baltic Bees UK debut being just a few highlights.

The weather Wednesday and Thursday was far from clement, gusting winds made displaying and even getting to Jersey a real struggle for some items, talking to Remko Sibjen (Stinson Reliant) and the Patrouille Reva pilots highlighted how tough flying some of lower powered and lighter aircraft was.

Spent Wednesday and Friday at the airport, where most of the pictures here were taken from, and Thursday down in St Helier. Seemed to be a lot less people watching the show down in the town, though I can't help but feel the lack of nine red jets may not have helped this.

Not being able to get to the castle makes photography a bit more difficult, but sometimes it's nice to have a challenge, though it did highlight that I may need to upgrade from my trusty 70-300 for flying shots.

On with the pictures.

1. ImageAero L-39 Albatros | Baltic Bees by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

2. ImageAero L-39 Albatros | Baltic Bees by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

3. ImageSwedish Air Force Historic Flight by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

4. ImageSaab J32 Lansen | Swedish Air Force Historic Flight | SE-RMD by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

5. ImageSaab J37 Viggen | Swedish Air Force Historic Flight | SE-DXN by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

6. ImageSaab J35 Draken | Swedish Air Force Historic Flight | SE-DXP by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

7. ImageSaab J35 Draken | Swedish Air Force Historic Flight | SE-DXP by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

8. ImageStinson Reliant | N1943S by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

9. ImageMorane Saulnier MS 760A Paris | F-AZLT by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

10. ImageFouga CM175 Zepher | F-AZPF by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

11. ImageDornier CD-2 Seastar | D-ISEA by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

12. ImageBreguet Br.1050 Alize | F-AZYI by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

13. ImagePatrouille Reva by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

14. ImageSaab J32 Lansen | Swedish Air Force Historic Flight | SE-RMD by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

15. ImageSaab J35 Draken | Swedish Air Force Historic Flight | SE-DXP by James Hancock Photography, on Flickr

Hope you like what I see, plenty more on my Flickr page if you're interested, and any feedback would be greatly received.

Cheers for looking.

James

Patrick H

Re: Jersey Air Display 2017

Post by Patrick H »

Nice ones James, Knowing the conditions there your display shots are exellent.

cheers
Patrick

tuska2

Post by tuska2 »

Some great captures there! that SWAFHF formation alone would make the trip for me! oh, and the Fouga and Alize of course! Thanks for posting!

Alpha Delta 210

Post by Alpha Delta 210 »

Nice set. I love #6!

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Really like the first Draken shot! :clap: