Jersey Air Show

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Patrick H

Jersey Air Show

Post by Patrick H »

As promised, here are some pictures from the Jersey Air Show. More on my Flickr pages and as usual, comments are always welcome
Last edited by Patrick H on Wed 03 Jan 2018, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick H

Re: Jersey Air Show

Post by Patrick H »

256 views, not a single reply. Guess this is the last time I'm posting here. Not that annyone will care.

Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Here is some feedback:
1. The prop shots need a slower shutter speed as they don't have enough prop blur as at the moment they are not very dynamic.
2. They could be cropped tighter as there is a lot of empty space around the aircraft. Obviously if they are already cropped then that may not be possible but with careful sharpening nowadays you can crop much tighter than you would expect.
3. the backgrounds are quite flat so need more contrast and vibrance to make the blue pop more, and increased clarity could also help to make the clouds more defined.
4. It looks like you have lightened the shadows a lot. You need to be careful as this washes out the image so again more contrast and vibrance is needed.

That being said they are not bad photos which could be made pretty good with some careful editing.

Will

Big_Gareth

Post by Big_Gareth »

Please don't get frustrated by the lack of comments and please don't "take your ball and go home". I'm really slow when it comes to processing but this show was about 2 months ago and so some interest in the results will have been lost already.

First off this looks like a good show, with some stuff I've never seen before, I wish I had attended.

It would be nice to see your detailed Exif data through Flickr because I would be interested to know what focal length you were using? Some of the displays do look quite distant but I guess that is a sign of the times we are currently in. As a result I do think that you could crop the photos more if the quality allows? I agree with the comment above that they would benefit from a bit more contrast, vibrance and sharpening.

Overall I enjoyed looking at them, so thank you.