Good things come in threes....

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
Seamus

Good things come in threes....

Post by Seamus »

That certainly seems to be the case at Old Warden this year! Another weekend, another show in glorious weather- three Edwardian appearances on the trot must be unprecedented?! In the build up, I found comments regarding the lineup a bit confusing as, for me, this show had just about everything we could realistaclly expect, exlcuding TFC's Bearcat and Nimrod. Yes, the Avenger was disappointing to see fall off the list, but was a long shot anyway I imagine, and the other cancellations should never have been on the list anyway. Perhaps a modern Royal Navy element flying and/or static would have been good to see, but I'm not sure what else is currently and realistically available to fit the theme. The aircraft that were on show were superb, and largely very well flown- I can't say I really noticed and issues with the bend, it only really occurred to me after the show once I saw comments made on Twitter, though I didn't really feel there was a shortage of topside opportunites... Highlight for me was seeing TFC operate from the airfield, the Corsair especially commanded great presence on the flightline. Hopefully this can become a regular occurence :love:

On with the pics...

ImageHawker Fury II SR661/G-CBEL Anglia Aircraft Restorations Ltd Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageGrumman FM-2 Wildcat JV579/G-RUMW The Fighter Collection Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageVought (Goodyear) FG-1D Corsair KD345/G-FGID The Fighter Collection Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageFairey Swordfish I W5856 RNHF Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageWestland Gazelle HT3 XZ934/G-CBSI The Gazelle Squadron Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageGrumman FM-2 Wildcat JV579/G-RUMW The Fighter Collection Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageHawker Nimrod II K3661/G-BURZ Historic Aircraft Collection Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageVought (Goodyear) FG-1D Corsair KD345/G-FGID The Fighter Collection Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageHawker Sea Hurricane Ib Z7015/G-BTKH Shuttleworth Collection Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageWestland Gazelle HT3 ZB627/G-CBSK The Gazelle Squadron Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageConsolidated PBV-1A Canso 433915/G-PBYA Plane Sailing Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageWestland Wasp HAS1 G-BYCX Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageDe Havilland DH 89 Dragon Rapide G-AHAG Scillonia Airways Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageDeperdussin Monoplane G-AANH Shuttleworth Collection Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageSupermarine Spitfire LF Vc AR501/G-AWII Shuttleworth Collection Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageHawker Demon I K8203/G-BTVE Demon Displays Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageHawker Sea Fury T20 VX281/G-RNHF Fly Navy Heritage Trust Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageWestland Gazelle HT3 XZ934/G-CBSI The Gazelle Squadron Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageDe Havilland DH89A Dragon Rapide G-AGJG D&M Miller Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageStinson V-77 Reliant 42-46703/N65745 Paul Kehoe Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageAvro Triplane IV G-ARSG Shuttleworth Collection Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageBristol Scout Type-C 1264/G-FDHB Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageAvro Lancaster BI PA474 Royal Air Force Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageFairey Swordfish I W5856 RNHF Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageDeHavilland DH 82A Tiger Moth K2585/G-ANKT Shuttleworth Collection Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageHawker Demon I K8203/G-BTVE Demon Displays Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageWestland Lysander III V9367/G-AZWT Shuttleworth Collection Old Warden 03/06/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed as ever

Cheers

Shaun
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Good things come in threes....

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Looking at these, you must have been about 3ft away from me. Very familiar.

The Corsair did look great on the flight line. Didn't get over there to shoot it sadly, but it was a very welcome bonus.

I don't know how you could miss or overlook the change in the flying though. It was immediately apparent from the opening act.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

paullangford

Post by paullangford »

Excellent set you have there :clap:

Seamus

Post by Seamus »

Thanks chap :up:

LN Strike Eagle wrote:I don't know how you could miss or overlook the change in the flying though. It was immediately apparent from the opening act.

Like I said, didn't make any connection that they weren't taking the bend, only thing I really found a little disappointing was the Anson. Plenty of topsides opportunities for most of the others, including one from each direction from the Sea Hurri that opened....
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

rjlaker

Post by rjlaker »

Perfect conditions mate. Pinging! I wish I had gone now to be honest!

stevebrodie

Post by stevebrodie »

cracking photos, everyone a winner :clap:
Viper: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees