Evreux French Air Force show 16 and 17-06-2018

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
SEMAE

Evreux French Air Force show 16 and 17-06-2018

Post by SEMAE »

Hi

Took an overnight early hours Dover to Calais ferry Saturday for this show with one of my show freinds

We reached the air base in Normandie at about 7.30 am after a long drive At that time there was no officials or police at the car park. The only vehicles before us were a couple of camper vans.

The organisation on getting inside the airfield on the first day was not good. Nobody seemed to know what they were doing but it was so,so much improved on the Sunday.

I was surprised by the small number of people in the crowd on Saturday and by an only slightly larger number on Sunday.

The first day we headed for a central position but as some aircraft were parked in front of us and as there was also a mound obscuring a section the runway, photographing take off shots were awkward at times.

It seemed that something like 95 per cent of enthusiasts were in the centrally located spotters enclosure. We were beside them on Saturday.

On Sunday, we positioned ourselves toward the end of the airfield where most of the aircraft taxiid back in past us after landing. It tuned out to be a very good position not just for that but for some of the flying.

Most of the military aircraft displayed in the later part of the afternoon when the sun was going round in front of the crowd. There were large large gaps between most of the earlier displays with the lighter civillian acts strung out over the other five or so hours.

This was billed as an eight hour flying display but I think you could have contracted this down to five hours mostly by eliminating the gaps.

Sunday after the show we headed straight back to Calais

Thanks for looking

Martin Eames

Spiny Norman

Re: Evreux French Air Force show 16 and 17-06-2018

Post by Spiny Norman »

Great thread, you've some excellent images there. The first two particularly.

Looked a good event and nice to see so many Mirages in the air.

King Cobra

Post by King Cobra »

Nice selection. Thanks for sharing.

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Good set. I thought I heard some English voices near me on Sunday. I was sat in front of the glass nosed Flamant.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

PeteM

Post by PeteM »

Nice set, looks like it was well worth the journey.
Your intro sounded familiar and reminds me of a rather long phone call relating a sorry tale I received last week. Did you go with Bob?

SEMAE

Post by SEMAE »

Thanks

Yes, I went with Bob. I won't mention all the organisational issues we had getting in on Saturday and and an unexpected departure back to the car park in an ambulance the wrong way out resulting in a tour of most of the base.

Thanks

Martin

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

Very good.

Long time since I've attended a French airshow, usually with Aeroprints.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

A lovely set, attended Evreux a few years back and it was a nice small friendly airshow.

SPLAT

Post by SPLAT »

No vapour shots , no full disc props , no heavy panning , really like this set of photo's :clap: