Su27 @ RIAT anatomy of 'that' Friday event!

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world
HeyfordDave111

Su27 @ RIAT anatomy of 'that' Friday event!

Post by HeyfordDave111 »

Hi,

I hope this is ok to post this here, but mods, please feel free to move if you think necessary.

Fridays Su-27 display will go down as a heck of an 'interesting' one, that cut an interesting path which it didn't on the Thursdays practice display / authorisation.

I'm not sure what to make of it, but i think the photographs tell a story.

This was not the display authorised, and subsequent displays were tamer after this one.
If the mods allow it, feel free to speculate on the pics below.

Worthy of note are...... speed brake, burner engaged pic, military power setting, bank angle, sink rate.
Taken with a Canon 2.8 300 prime on my Canon 5D mk3 from the FRIAT stand around mid point seat!

Cheers
Dave

1)
Image1 by David Jones, on Flickr
2)
Image2 by David Jones, on Flickr
3)
Image3 by David Jones, on Flickr
4)
Image4 by David Jones, on Flickr
5)
Image5 by David Jones, on Flickr
6)
Image6 by David Jones, on Flickr
7)
Image7 by David Jones, on Flickr
8)
Image8 by David Jones, on Flickr
9)
Image9 by David Jones, on Flickr
10)
Image11 by David Jones, on Flickr
11)
Image12 by David Jones, on Flickr
12)
Image13 by David Jones, on Flickr
13)
Image14 by David Jones, on Flickr
14)
Image15 by David Jones, on Flickr
Got to love Russianhardware

G-CVIX

Re: Su27 @ RIAT anatomy of 'that' Friday event!

Post by G-CVIX »

He was certainly low but at the end of the day he wasn't deemed by the FDD to have broken any rules (at least to a degree that he would be red carded) so why make more of it than necessary?

Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Post by Domvickery »

Not too sure why people would have a problem with the thread, it was certainly a talking point, I’ve never seen anything like it & put my camera down to try & comprehend what I was seeing, my heart was definitely in my mouth & for a split second thought the worst was about to occur, however, he clearly had been given a talking to, the routine was changed & all is/was well
Free straws available to clutch at - PM me. Inventor of the baguette scale

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

G-CVIX wrote:He was certainly low but at the end of the day he wasn't deemed by the FDD to have broken any rules (at least to a degree that he would be red carded) so why make more of it than necessary?

Bet you're fun at parties... :roll: In all seriousness, whether he got warned by the FDD or not, it's still an interesting conversation as i'm sure most if not all who witnessed it thought about it after the show.
Nikon D500