Miramar Airshow Friday 28-September-2018

Airshow Photography from the UK and around the world

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Re: Miramar Airshow Friday 28-September-2018

Post by jalfrezi »

Thanks for sharing these - it's good to see some colour on some of the US birds, makes a change from the usual plain grey. :up:

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

jalfrezi wrote:Thanks for sharing these - it's good to see some colour on some of the US birds, makes a change from the usual plain grey. :up:

Indeed, the F-35 especially - hopefully the RAF can get their paints out soon and, at the very least, colour the roundels.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Great set, you may be shooting in to the sun but Miramar is one of my favourite shows.

Already decided I'm returning in 2019.

Andy

MiG_Eater

Post by MiG_Eater »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:
jalfrezi wrote:Thanks for sharing these - it's good to see some colour on some of the US birds, makes a change from the usual plain grey. :up:

Indeed, the F-35 especially - hopefully the RAF can get their paints out soon and, at the very least, colour the roundels.

It shows how bad things have got that we're now just hoping to have blue and red roundels on RAF aircraft!

Really interesting shots and a show that was always on my wishlist when they had F-14s back in the old days. Looks like its still worth a trip!

NTG1610

Post by NTG1610 »

Gents thanks for the comments, For me the show was found wanting, Static was sparse not even all the home squadrons were represented (they may have been deployed) but there were examples of units aircraft on the none public ramps
participation from USN 1 F35 ( EA-18 arrived late in day after I left) US Army nil USAF 4 (incl the road in example F16)
vast areas of empty ramp space
Flying even more disjointed than normal for a US show I know they lost the F22s (believed due to tanker issues) but no F18 demo no Helicopter demos other than those in the MAGTF demo which I found to be very slow even the pyrotechnics were out of time with the aircraft
Would i go again , well yes I guess I would if I was in San Diego, would I plan a trip around the show , probably not
as a number cruncher I came away happy , if I was a photographer first I don't think I would be as happy

one last thing, access was the easiest I have ever seen less than 30 mins from car park to static park and that included time to photograph the MV-22s in the car park, security very easy and if you go and need the clear bags they insist on they sell them at the car park
I enjoyed my day out but feel there could have been more
rgds phil