F3`s return to Coningsby

F3`s return to Coningsby

Postby Ian A.S. on Fri 25 Mar 2011, 8:34 pm

A quiet day was woken up by some visitors starting at mid morning by 3 of the scheduled 4 F.3`s from Leuchars in bright sunshine

One of two visiting Hawks

Plus a late afternoon practice diversion from two Lakenheath Eagles

Impossible to ignore the Typhoons still on training and exercises - this 3 Squadron aircraft looks good in the sunshine

Thanks to 111 Squadron for organising and flying this cross country farewell - and to the F.3 marque for its sterling service.

Cheers to his Kevin for his company and for staying in Lincolnshire whilst so many went Osprey hunting.

Hope you find something of interest

Ian A.S.
Ian A.S.

Re: F3`s return to Coningsby

Postby MarkL on Fri 25 Mar 2011, 8:36 pm

Fantastic shots and what a tribute to the F3

:clap: :clap: :clap:
HTAFC
MarkL
UKAR Supporter

Postby captain scarlet on Fri 25 Mar 2011, 10:31 pm

WoW, wish i'd come out to coningsby today. I thought it'd be dead but these photos would've made it a great day out! :clap:

Richard
Richard

Captain Scarlet is indestructable, you are not. Remember this, do not try to imitate him.
captain scarlet

Postby Craig on Sat 26 Mar 2011, 12:01 am

Thought that that was a Tornado I saw this morning, making a fair old racket too! Great to see the F3s back in the locality, wish I could have been there to photograph them though, great shots! :rock:
Craig
UKAR Staff

Postby CH2 on Sat 26 Mar 2011, 9:24 am

Ian

Right place right time with some cracking shots, I choose Leeming; bad move, but at least I got to see them. Great stuff :clap:
Cheers,

Chris
CH2

Postby raiford on Sat 26 Mar 2011, 9:54 am

great stuff :clap: it has to be photo no. 7, for me the F.3 was always one of, if not THE favourite airshow participant and that photo is exactly how I will remember them! Thank you to all the Tornado F.3 squadrons for 30 years of service to your Country, you served us well! :smile:
raiford

Postby Ian A.S. on Sat 26 Mar 2011, 10:15 am

Thanks for the comments - Richard you also would have seen this ETPS Andover from Boscombe doing a missed approach -

- well maybe a bit high at circa 18000ft.( oops, too fast shutter for prop spin! - expect a pm from Mr Blake) - actually taking a crew up to Leuchars to fly an F.3 back to Boscombe so marginally relevant - this all took place Thursday 24th

Ian A.S.
Ian A.S.

Postby André on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 11:18 am

Ian A.S. wrote: this ETPS Andover from Boscombe doing a missed approach -

LOL Missed approach? The guy is totally lost. :grin:

Nice work on the fighter pics! :clap:
André

Postby IanH on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 12:57 pm

Cracking set ian. Best I`ve seen of these F3s in the air. Where did that sun come from?

Regards, Ian
IanH

Postby Arno 01 on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 1:22 pm

Great set of the F3's, you really did them proud :clap:
Arno 01

Postby Jimbo27 on Mon 28 Mar 2011, 9:39 pm

Nice shots Ian, I think I was standing next to you on the mound.

F3s and Marmite ice-cream... :smile:
Jimbo27

Postby Ian A.S. on Wed 30 Mar 2011, 8:58 am

Thanks for comments - yes Jim it was a curious mix of discussions with Kevin - but more profitable than yesterday`s trip to the Hall having left before the Ospreys came out to feed at dusk.

Ian A.S.
Ian A.S.

Return to Modern Military Photos