Polish Vipers - mixed

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
Bartek

Polish Vipers - mixed

Post by Bartek »

Few shots not published on UKAR yet from last two years - hope you like some of them:

Rare shot - Polish F-16 in RECCE configuration - note DB110.

And some a2a:

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: Polish Vipers - mixed

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Super set - particularly like the first one with those CFTs. They're not a very elegant solution, but they do add interest, especially from that head-on angle.
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

Vixen1

Post by Vixen1 »

Superb set of shots, I really like the conformal tank shots and head-ons are just brilliant. :rock:

kjshaw01

Post by kjshaw01 »

What a stunning set, every single one.

Kev

Tim Holden

Post by Tim Holden »

Really nice. Love the conformal tanks. I wonder if the DB110 pod is the exact same spec at the RAF's Raptor pod. :whistle:
Pessimists are never dissapointed.

AndyBeau

Post by AndyBeau »

Fantastic shots Bartek. The first one is a classic. Loads of great shots here though. :clap:

AndyBeau

Post by AndyBeau »

DanO1978 wrote:Very nice - so good to see a photographer willing to be creative, and look for angles. Much more pleasing on the eye than the side-on spotter shots. Keep them coming! :clap:

Dan, I'm not sure why you keep pushing this agenda that side on shots are not welcome on here. There is a place for both types in the world. I agree, variety is good but to think that side on shots don't have a place on an aviation forum is silly. In the publishing world, side on shots are the ones used most in magazines, books and modelling references for a reason, not the arty farty stuff!

Look at the golden oldies forum, back in the day, side on shots were the most economical shot to take as it captured the most detail at the minimum of cost. We have seen some of the best images anywhere on the web because the guys have taken the time to scan and post these rare images up. To discourage that would be shooting yourself in the foot big time.

Your attitude to this has driven off a number members that used to post quite prolifically like Matt Clements and the like. I certainly feel that those guys are missed on here as they took some decent shots and helped keep everyone up to speed on what was coming in and out of Mildenhall and LN for those of us that don't get out much.

Bartek, sorry for going off topic but I felt I had to reply to that.

Bartek

Post by Bartek »

Thanks guys...

Tim Holden wrote:Really nice. Love the conformal tanks. I wonder if the DB110 pod is the exact same spec at the RAF's Raptor pod. :whistle:

Talking about DB110 is not the best idea if you know what I mean;)