Japan trip 2012 (35 pics)

Japan trip 2012 (35 pics)

Postby soundbarrier on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 7:45 am

Just returned from a ten day trip to Japan. :yahoo: :cool:

Here the following bases were visited : Gifu, Iwakuni, Hofu, Ozuki, Tsuiki, Omura, Tokushima, Komatsushima, Akeno, Komaki, Iruma and Yokota.

I tried to give a photographic overview of the results in just 35 pics (which of course is almost impossible). :dizzy:

Enjoy, Carl Brent. :snack:

1. Iwakuni

2. Tsuiki O/H

3 Tokushima

4. Komatsushima

5. Akeno

6. Gifu

7. Komaki

8. Iruma O/H arrivals

soundbarrier

Re: Japan trip 2012 (35 pics)

Postby D90Man on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 8:45 am

Nice selection - makes me want to go back and visit again!!

Leon
"Sharpness is in the eye of the holder"
More at http://www.planephotos.org.uk
D90Man

Postby st24 on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:31 am

Just beautiful.. camo and silver C1s.. :drool: :clap: That really is a great selection of a place I've just got to haul my sorry ass to... :up:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby nellis6 on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:03 pm

Without being pinikity st24, the camo C-1 is actually a C-2. This is the replacement for the C-1. But you are right, Japan is awesome and you must go there some time

Mike
Mike Green
Editor, Jetwash Aviation Photos
http://www.jetwashaviationphotos.com
nellis6

Postby st24 on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:22 pm

nellis6 wrote:Without being pinikity st24, the camo C-1 is actually a C-2. This is the replacement for the C-1. But you are right, Japan is awesome and you must go there some time

Mike

Without pinikiting you being pinikity, I was referring to 58-1013, with what looks like EW bumps. :cool: But loving the C-2 greys scheme too...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Postby Kieran on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 2:17 pm

Excellent, excellent pictures! Just look at those camo helos! :shock: :drool: :clap:

Japan is definitely on the hit list!
Kieran

Postby nellis6 on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 3:38 pm

Point taken, missed it further down the post. Apologies! I don't see any extra 'lumps and bumps' though, looks bog standard to me. Bear in mind the silver C-1 is actually a prototype and slightly different to the standard JASDF C-1's. If you want to see pics of the only EW Kawasaki EC-1 (78-1021) you can see pics on my website taken in October last year.

Mike

st24 wrote:
nellis6 wrote:Without being pinikity st24, the camo C-1 is actually a C-2. This is the replacement for the C-1. But you are right, Japan is awesome and you must go there some time

Mike

Without pinikiting you being pinikity, I was referring to 58-1013, with what looks like EW bumps. :cool: But loving the C-2 greys scheme too...
Mike Green
Editor, Jetwash Aviation Photos
http://www.jetwashaviationphotos.com
nellis6

Postby adamp89 on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 4:13 pm

4 turbofan asw (i think) aircraft flying with a kingair. what is it?? never seen one before
Adam
adamp89

Postby soundbarrier on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 4:37 pm

adamp89 wrote:4 turbofan asw (i think) aircraft flying with a kingair. what is it?? never seen one before

Its the Japanse replacement for their ageing P-3 Orion fleet named Kawasaki P-1. Prototypes are actually named XP-1. The Beech is Kawasaki's chase plane during test flight.
soundbarrier

Postby rv8tor on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 5:05 pm

What a fantastic set! Is it just me or does that Kawasaki P-1 look like a truncated charicature of a Convair CV990?
If a man speaks in the middle of a forest and no woman can hear him, is he still wrong?
rv8tor

Postby Kenny on Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:16 am

Wholly sheet! What a stonking thread! I know it's Japan, and there are some corkers, but the Harrier and two Hornets punches me the most
Kenny

Postby trend71uk on Fri 16 Nov 2012, 7:20 pm

Great set Carl , I see you were out there the same time as me !
How on earth did you get those shots at Iwakuni ? I failed miserably there ,not finding a spot any where near the base .
Cheers,
Mark
trend71uk

Postby soundbarrier on Fri 16 Nov 2012, 7:34 pm

trend71uk wrote:How on earth did you get those shots at Iwakuni ? I failed miserably there ,not finding a spot any where near the base .

You're right Mark ... Iwakuni with Northern winds is very bad. Especially since they closed the tunnel. Only with Southern winds some good shots can be taken. I'll sent you a pm on it.
soundbarrier

Postby bristol_rob on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 5:19 pm

Wow excellent photos!! :clap:
Check out my Aviation photo blog
Featuring BARCELONA AIRPORT!!

http://robertnoel.blogspot.co.uk/
bristol_rob

Return to Modern Military Photos