My 2014 in 11 shots

Photos of operational aircraft from bases, airports and "spotter" outings
Joan le Poole

My 2014 in 11 shots

Post by Joan le Poole »

Hi all,

As the year comes to an end, I decided to have a look in my library and choose some of my shots, taken in 2014.
This doesn't mean these are all high end images photographic wise: they tell the biggest part of my 2014 aviation photography story.

Enjoy!

1. AMARG. The first week of Februari I had my first trip to the USA. Flying above AMARG is something you should be on your bucket list!

2. We ended that trip at Mesa-Gateway on Friday. Awesome opportunities there!

3. In June I traveled to Schleswig-Jagel for the anual NATO Tiger Meet. There I saw my first French Navy Rafales.

4. The MH17 disaster brought several Aussie C-17 Globemasters to Eindhoven AB. Here seen is one of them on short final in an early morning.

5. The RNLAF heli mission to Mali brought a Russian Air Force An-124 to Gilze-Rijen AB to transport CH-47D Chinooks to Mali.

6. In September the Netherlands commemorated Operation Market Garden, which took place 70 years ago. The 82nd Airborne Division displayed an attack at the John S. Thompson bridge in Grave, one of the place the operation started in 1944.

7. October saw the retirement of world's last Corsairs. Reason enough to travel to Greece. But before heading to Araxos we had a base visit at Marathon-Kotroni, where the Hellenic Navy helis are based.
First the AB-212 ASW...

8. ...and the S-70B Aegean Hawk

9. A-7 Corsair. Do I need to say more?

10. November saw the departure of the two former RNLAF Fokker 50s to the Peruvian Navy. Here's one of my shots I took that day.

11. My year ended with some night photography at Volkel AB. First time I did this kind of photography and it worked out well!

Despite some big disappointments, 2014 has been a good year in the end.

Thanks for watching! C&C welcome ;)

Regards,

Joan

soundbarrier

Re: My 2014 in 11 shots

Post by soundbarrier »

Didn't see any disappointments here, good work :win:

Joan le Poole

Post by Joan le Poole »

Thanks, but imagine a visit to the last Prowler cruise being cancelled... :(

soundbarrier

Post by soundbarrier »

Look on the bright side ... you missed that one but got the A-7s at Araxos.
I missed both but had a great year anyway :lmao: