In the air with AW149

In the air with AW149

Postby Bartek on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 7:15 pm

Hi guys,
some time ago I made nice photo flight with AW-149 which is one of main competitors for Polish Multirole Helicopter tender. Lot of pictures have been done but I can show you only few...hope you like them

best wishes from Poland
Bartek
Bartek

Re: In the air with AW149

Postby Niallxg on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 7:52 pm

Excellent.

Number 4 is brilliant. :clap:
Niallxg

Postby Blackbird on Wed 24 Dec 2014, 11:17 pm

Brilliant set - the rotor blur is outstanding! What shutter speed were you using for those??

Andy :smile:
Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Postby reheat module on Thu 25 Dec 2014, 11:38 am

Marvellous work.
Those are terrific
Canon systems
reheat module

Postby Private Custard on Thu 25 Dec 2014, 2:31 pm

Blackbird wrote:Brilliant set - the rotor blur is outstanding! What shutter speed were you using for those??

Andy :smile:

Checked the exif, and the full-disc shots are 1/25 & 1/30. This guy could teach a lot of pro air-to-air photographers how to do it properly. They're stunning!

:smile:
Private Custard

Postby Domvickery on Thu 25 Dec 2014, 8:37 pm

Dont shoot me for this, but I think the slow shutter speed works to the detriment of some of these pics, the last 2 especially, I just dont like full discs on helo's
Inventor of the baguette scale
Domvickery
UKAR Staff

Postby toom317 on Thu 25 Dec 2014, 8:53 pm

Domvickery wrote:Dont shoot me for this, but I think the slow shutter speed works to the detriment of some of these pics, the last 2 especially, I just dont like full discs on helo's

Me too. I couldn't do rotor blur to save myself, and there are some nice shots there, so kudos for getting it. I find it doesn't work as well for side on shots though.
"Nice pics mate" comments only! No criticism please.

Equipment: Camera, Lens, Goretex Y fronts.
toom317
UKAR Supporter

Postby POD on Fri 26 Dec 2014, 3:33 pm

Domvickery wrote:Dont shoot me for this, but I think the slow shutter speed works to the detriment of some of these pics, the last 2 especially, I just dont like full discs on helo's

I couldn't agree more..not sure where this obsession with rotor blur came from...... :dunno:
Tiger Tiger!
POD

Postby Bartek on Sat 27 Dec 2014, 6:42 pm

Hi guys,
thank you for all comments.
I am not rotor blur maniac - sometimes it is not worth to try - as full disc will not make any difference. But in the other hand when I have totally non-interesting background(like on last picture) - nice rotor blur is the only chance to make picutre more interesting. It is all about your skills and risk that you want to take...
Bartek

Postby sovietjet on Tue 13 Jan 2015, 1:29 am

Bartek once again shows us why he is king of low shutter speeds :smile:
Ivan Voukadinov
sovietjet

Return to Modern Military Photos