Warthogs over Eastern Europe


Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby Pringles on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 9:57 pm

Great selection of shots from a fantastic opportunity but they are ruined somewhat by the obtrusive watermark IMO :question:
If life gives you melons then you're probably dyslexic
User avatar
Pringles

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby DanH on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 6:29 am

Pringles wrote:Great selection of shots from a fantastic opportunity but they are ruined somewhat by the obtrusive watermark IMO :question:


I agree, I can understand why some people do it though. It's just a shame as it takes something away from otherwise brilliant pictures.
Always seeking to lower the tone...
User avatar
DanH

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby Clint on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 12:51 pm

Brilliant pictures, but must agree, spoilt by the logo. C.
Clint

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby Maisie on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 1:32 pm

If it was just an ordinary shot of a F-15 at Lakenheath etc, then I can understand... but who gets to photo A-10's like this? Not many.... It's needed.

Nice shots mate.
6D | 7D | 60D
11-16 f/2.8 | 24-105 IS L | 70-300 IS USM | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 | 400 f/5.6
Maisie

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby CJS on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 3:03 pm

I agree that these are photos you might want to steal so this is the place for the more obtrusive mark.

Superb shots - what an experience :-)

7 is my favourite, but the first one is pretty cool too!
Thanks for sharing them.
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby Vodka on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 3:18 pm

when i see such obtrusive WM images. . i scroll down and down and down. .and move on.

Whatever the needs . . whatever the concerns. . defeats the object of posting any image in the first place. Unless you have a publishing rights issue on the horizon which you shouldn't be posting prior in most cases anyway. Thanks but no thanks. . . If I want to look at an Image, thats what I want to see . Not a font!

As i Say thanks but no thanks. . :ninja:
Vodka

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby CJS on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 4:42 pm

Vodka wrote:when i see such obtrusive WM images. . i scroll down and down and down. .and move on.

Whatever the needs . . whatever the concerns. . defeats the object of posting any image in the first place. Unless you have a publishing rights issue on the horizon which you shouldn't be posting prior in most cases anyway. Thanks but no thanks. . . If I want to look at an Image, thats what I want to see . Not a font!

As i Say thanks but no thanks. . :ninja:


Well, he'll be pleased you still looked at them all then won't he? :grin:

If you look really closely, you can just about still see the stunning images underneath the WM :surrender:

Anyway, back to the photos (rather than the WM), can I ask how you got this opportunity? Are you in the forces or is it media opportunity?
Also, re: the A-10, it's always bothered me slightly (in a mild OCDish kind of way) that the gun barrels aren't quite central on the nose - anyone know why?

Thanks again for sharing the pics :up:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby hmeasures on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 4:44 pm

Chris Strawson wrote:
Vodka wrote:when i see such obtrusive WM images. . i scroll down and down and down. .and move on.

Whatever the needs . . whatever the concerns. . defeats the object of posting any image in the first place. Unless you have a publishing rights issue on the horizon which you shouldn't be posting prior in most cases anyway. Thanks but no thanks. . . If I want to look at an Image, thats what I want to see . Not a font!

As i Say thanks but no thanks. . :ninja:


Well, he'll be pleased you still looked at them all then won't he? :grin:

If you look really closely, you can just about still see the stunning images underneath the WM :surrender:

Anyway, back to the photos (rather than the WM), can I ask how you got this opportunity? Are you in the forces or is it media opportunity?
Also, re: the A-10, it's always bothered me slightly (in a mild OCDish kind of way) that the gun barrels aren't quite central on the nose - anyone know why?

Thanks again for sharing the pics :up:


The centre line of the aircraft lines up with the chamber - so when the gun is fired the barrel that is used is on the centreline.

Anyway, Vodka I've never actually seen any of your photos, watermark or not :wink:
hmeasures

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby CJS on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 4:46 pm

Ah ha! Makes sense now, thanks hmeasures, I can sleep easy tonight :up:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
User avatar
CJS

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby hmeasures on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 4:49 pm

Chris Strawson wrote:Ah ha! Makes sense now, thanks hmeasures, I can sleep easy tonight :up:


Don't worry - It annoys me too haha...

Nice pictures by the way. I'm liking the close up crops!
hmeasures

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby lynothehammer on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 6:16 pm

Watermark or no Watermark these are stunning, thanks for sharing... :clap:
User avatar
lynothehammer

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby SPLAT on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 6:46 pm

Watermarks or not they are my beloved hogs :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Yes I know loads of claps
SPLAT

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby Stu on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 7:10 pm

Great set of shot really like No4 nice going Urky :clap:
Olympus Cameras

UBC780XLT
DJ-X10
DJ-X3
Planeplotter
User avatar
Stu

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby Vodka on Fri 19 Jun 2015, 3:16 pm

Anyway, Vodka I've never actually seen any of your photos, watermark or not :wink:


think we've had this conversation before but anyway. .I made my point politely. As I said thanks but no thanks.

Move on 'Measures' . . :sleepy:
Vodka

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby stevebrodie on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:01 pm

Stunning shots, totally understand the reasoning for watermarks, wouldnt be happy if i took them, posted them without watermark and then spotted them on a t-shirt in Spain (insert any holiday destination ) :grin:
Viper: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees
User avatar
stevebrodie

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby BDL on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:22 am

stevebrodie wrote:Stunning shots, totally understand the reasoning for watermarks, wouldnt be happy if i took them, posted them without watermark and then spotted them on a t-shirt in Spain (insert any holiday destination ) :grin:


+1 on that :up:
Forget the EFL, it's all about the National League.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigdl2009/
User avatar
BDL

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby richyrara on Thu 25 Jun 2015, 10:38 pm

I'd rather see them with watermarks than not have the opportunity to see them at all.

Fabulous set.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
richyrara

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby reheat module on Fri 26 Jun 2015, 6:42 am

Images of that superb quality deserve a watermark.
Nuff said.
Canon systems
reheat module

Re: Warthogs over Eastern Europe

Postby RichPittman on Sat 27 Jun 2015, 11:08 am

Hi Mark

Great experience, looks like the high bands of cloud done you no good. Nice shots all the same.
As for the water mark doesnt bother me in the slightest, you still went , got the shots and everyone knows you have them without :clap:
Always remember "If you cannot turn tight...you cannot fight!"
User avatar
RichPittman
UKAR Staff


Return to Modern Military Photos

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests